DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 issues...

Reactions
A friend of mine does real estate photography and asked if I would do some drone video/photos for him so he could stop losing clients. So i did some research. Studied for 2 weeks and took my part 107 test...and i passed with an 83%. Everything seemed peachy...until I got home.

The name on my results page had one letter wrong. For the life of me i can not figure out how to get this fixed. The iacra wont let me link the test to my profile because of the name mismatch. Their website shows this in the FAQs:

"f it is only a 'NAME CORRECTION', the Designated Examiner must include a signed statement as an attachment to the knowledge test (or include a signed statement on the incorrect knowledge test) that he/she has verified the correct spelling of the applicant's name and attach proof of the correct spelling of the name. (I.e. driver's license, etc.) Also, ensure the correct spelling of the name is also annotated on the attachment or the knowledge test and that it matches the FAA application form."

I called the testing center and the proctor that gave me the test had no clue what to do and told me to call the scheduling company. I called them and they updated my name in their database but they can't change it on the test or results and told me to contact the FAA. I called the number on the IACRA website and was told to contact UAShelp. UAShelp told me to contact the Airman Certification Branch. I have emailed them but have not gotten a response yet.

I took my test back on 11/18 and now it's 11/28 and I have no idea how to get this resolved short of forking out another $150 and taking the test again. Has anyone experienced this before? Thoughts?

Matt

Any news from the Airman Certification Branch? Have you tried calling them at 866-878-2498 (7:30 to 4:00 CT)?

My training (RemotePilot 101) and research brought up this possible snafu. Therefore, before I took my Part 107 exam, the testing center and I cross-checked all name, address and phone number stuff just to be sure.

Local FSDO office of the FAA can change it. (Flight Standards District Office) we all pronounce them “fisdo”

Reactions: Rbruz
I have not heard back from the Airman Certification Branch yet. It's hard for me to call them because I work full time at a call center for my day job.

Thanks for the info on the FSDO. There is one near my work. I'll contact them and see if it can be fixed. Excited that I've only owned my drone for three months and I may be making money with it soon!

I got an email this morning from the airman certification branch instructing me to print the iacra application fill it out by hand and mention the name issue in the comments.

I'm going to do that today, but since it looks like they are a few states away I'm going to also the FSDO near me because that's only a few miles away and may be much faster.

I wanted to update this post and let you guys know I finally got my 107 uas card in the mail on Jan 27th.

So people please double check for typos when you take the test. If you do catch one after the fact print your application and mail it to the airman certification branch and they will take care of it. Expect it to take about two months and you won't get any updates that your application was processed unless you email the and ask for one.

Reactions: Coskier
I wanted to update this post and let you guys know I finally got my 107 uas card in the mail on Jan 27th.

So people please double check for typos when you take the test. If you do catch one after the fact print your application and mail it to the airman certification branch and they will take care of it. Expect it to take about two months and you won't get any updates that your application was processed unless you email the and ask for one.

Professor, I have the same problem they reversed my first and last name. I printed the application and asked to make the correction in the comments. But didn't they send you a temporary license by email?

Wayne

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica