DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 registrations.. ugh.

HVYMTL

Reactions
I recently took and passed the part 107 -Unmanned aircraft - General test.. But due to the Gov. shutdown they are not processing any of the exams at this time.. Unlike all the other Federal websites they do not have a message on their site informing the public of the shutdown.. just a heads up to others on the site :)

I recently took and passed the part 107 -Unmanned aircraft - General test.. But due to the Gov. shutdown they are not processing any of the exams at this time.. Unlike all the other Federal websites they do not have a message on their site informing the public of the shutdown.. just a heads up to others on the site :)

Hope the shutdown ends soon. Thats a good question. If you take and pass the exam, can you do work?

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
DJI_0045.JPGView attachment DJI_0822.JPG

I've got a couple of small jobs lined up.. around 20 asphalt processing plants across N. America. My wife has been a chemist for them for years.. During a trip to Washington DC last week she mentioned about me getting my license, and the rest is history.. :) No inspections.. they just want pictures of each of their locations..

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I was told after my Part 107 test that I was good to good while waiting on my certificate.
That was the last week of November... still waiting on the Cert..due to the shut down.

I was told after my Part 107 test that I was good to good while waiting on my certificate.
That was the last week of November... still waiting on the Cert..due to the shut down.

My understanding is that if you were able to log into iacra and see your test results and obtain your temporary license while your actual license is mailed some months later.

My under of What is happening now is that people are testing at centers that are contracted by faa, so they are able to test and find out if they passed/failed but the results are not getting processed by faa on iacra website, thus no temporary licenses are being granted.

I posted a similar question earlier today but it got moved to a different forum that seems to be a lot less active.

My question, basically, is if anyone knows whether temporary certificates are being issued to current airplane pilots who are getting their Part 107 through the online test and submitting through a CFI. It sounds like based on the responses here non-pilot knowledge exam registrants are not being granted temporary certificates during the shutdown, but my understanding is that the Part 61-to-107-via-CFI application is processed differently so might be a different situation.

Any guidance appreciated.

I posted a similar question earlier today but it got moved to a different forum that seems to be a lot less active.

My question, basically, is if anyone knows whether temporary certificates are being issued to current airplane pilots who are getting their Part 107 through the online test and submitting through a CFI. It sounds like based on the responses here non-pilot knowledge exam registrants are not being granted temporary certificates during the shutdown, but my understanding is that the Part 61-to-107-via-CFI application is processed differently so might be a different situation.

Any guidance appreciated.

I don’t know the answer.

I read on another forum that part 107 recertifications only require the knowledge test according to the faa rule, so part 107 pilots can renew during the shutdown. I have not read anything official from faa.

I have no information on part 61-part 107....

I don’t know the answer.

I read on another forum that part 107 recertifications only require the knowledge test according to the faa rule, so part 107 pilots can renew during the shutdown. I have not read anything official from faa.

I have no information on part 61-part 107....

Thanks. Good point on the recerts. That seems like it may be analogous to the Part 61 transition process, so maybe they are able to process them.

My understanding is that if you were able to log into iacra and see your test results and obtain your temporary license while your actual license is mailed some months later.

My under of What is happening now is that people are testing at centers that are contracted by faa, so they are able to test and find out if they passed/failed but the results are not getting processed by faa on iacra website, thus no temporary licenses are being granted.
I can't speak directly to part 107 but when I got my part 61 Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, I was able to dispatch planes with my temporary certificate until my actual license came in the mail.

I would expect that if you can print your temporary certificate from Iacra that would be sufficient.

I took my test late nov and had a temp lic by dec 3rd but nothin since. All good though bc i can still work [emoji1303]

I can't speak directly to part 107 but when I got my part 61 Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, I was able to dispatch planes with my temporary certificate until my actual license came in the mail.

I would expect that if you can print your temporary certificate from Iacra that would be sufficient.

My understanding is the same. However, iacra is not getting updated with test results so there is no temporary certificate to print.

Reactions: HVYMTL
I passed my Part 107 examination last Monday (2/11/2019). I went on the IACRA website soon after, and now it's been in "Transferred to Airmen Registry" status since 2/14/2019.

According to the FAA website, it says:

"We are currently processing permanent Airmen Certificates for temporary certificates that were issued approximately December 12, 2018."

This is gonna take awhile....!

Reactions: HVYMTL
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird