DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 still confused

Yeah it doesn't make sense that he was able/allowed to take the test without the Part 107 Certificate number.
Anyone is able to take the Pt. 107 renewal training/exam, and will have the opportunity to print a wallet card. However, success in this doesn’t mean anything in terms of Pt. 107 certification. For currency a Pt. 107 pilot is required to have an initial certificate, and, if 24 months have passed, a certificate showing passing of the recurrency training/exam.

In format the recurrency training/exam is not at all like the initial knowledge exam. The format is more like the TRUST training/exam, you are referred back to the training content until you have 100% on all exam questions.

Strangely, the FCC doesn’t seem to track recurrency status. Go figure. Maybe I have that wrong.

For anyone interested, taking the recurrency training/exam is an excellent and free learning tool. It does not cover all 11 topic areas of the initial exam, but is a really great free resource.

As far as the 107 online. If you are a current FAA pilot you can do your 107 online. Example: I’m a lighter than air free balloon (Hotair airborne heater) so I only had to do my 107 online. I’m not sure if he is an existing pilot or not!
I am fully aware that existing pilots can go online only. I've asked if he was an existing pilot and have not heard back from him

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian