DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Test Experience After 1 year Delay

snapdog

Reactions
Site
www.snapdog.com
I had scheduled my Part 107 test a year ago, but because of the pandemic it was cancelled. Would love to know if there are any new study guides, I mostly was using YouTube and some practice test sites. Also there was a disparity in the cost of the tests. Any help in either area with recent experiences would he gratefully appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay241
First off THANK YOU for your service to our Country!! We owe you so much.

In terms of studying I am a big fan of Gold Seal UAS Ground School. They teach you the subject matter so you know how to get the answers in the Real World as opposed to "how to pass the test".

They are a vendor here and offer a discount for our members.

Here is their tag line from @Russ Still
Gold Seal - Lifetime Membership - "You Pass or We Pay!"
Course delivered by FAA Certificated Flight Instructors

Save $25 with promo code "MavicPilots25" - - www.UAVGroundSchool.com

Reactions: ucm45 and snapdog
Regarding cost of exam, Taking it at a PSI-owned facility costs $96, while taking it at an affiliated facility costs $160. I took mine at one of the former in January. COVID-19 measures were in place.

If you are licensed Pilot, the FAA really streamlines the testing process. There is an on-line training course with about 35 questions following the training. Then you take the certificate to a flight instructor that verifies your identity and that you have a current biennial flight review. Took about 4 hours for the training and test. Took an hour with the instructor for the signoff.

If you are licensed Pilot, the FAA really streamlines the testing process. There is an on-line training course with about 35 questions following the training. Then you take the certificate to a flight instructor that verifies your identity and that you have a current biennial flight review. Took about 4 hours for the training and test. Took an hour with the instructor for the signoff.
Hi,
Two sources to help you move forward. FAASAFETY.Gov and Pilotinstitute. Com.
Blue Skys and Happy Contrails.

I used the remote pilot study guide from the FAA along with other documents on the site. Googled for info, watched some videos, and took some online sample tests. Downloaded Remote Pilot Prepware by ASA to my iphone/ipad. It has over 450 study questions in the same format as the exam and was only $4.99. Well worth the money.

Took the test 3 days ago and got a 92. If you can study about an hour or so a day for a month you can do it yourself using the many online resources. I started the study process 3 weeks before the exam date with no prior knowledge or experience in this area.

Search the online resources, spend some time reviewing them, and then assess if self study is good for you.

Good luck...

Reactions: snapdog
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929