DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed 107 exam.

Well I finally took the plunge, and took the 107 exam this morning. I'm happy to report that I passed. There were three questions that if I had just read the question one or two more times I probably wouldn't have missed. My advice (and I'm sure it's already been said here before) when taking the exam, dont chose an answer until one hundred percent sure you understand what's being asked. Read the question ten times if you have to. I found that between the three choices given for possible answers, one of them is obviously wrong. The other two are very close, but obviously only one is right. Good luck to anyone that will be taking the exam in the future. Take your time and read carefully.

Thanks for the incentive. I am about to take the test soon. Have been studying....and have also been told by others that the questions can be tricky.

Congratulations, My current plan is to start studying over the winter months. Glad to hear of the resources and study guides, there seem to be plenty out there, but which ones really help.

Take your time to read the question. As @mniedringhaus said definitely use the Chart Supplement index. Many of the answers are right there. A couple of the questions don't have the correct answer giving the choices presented. So you have to pick the "best" answer available.

Good luck -

Reactions: jspil
Congratulations, My current plan is to start studying over the winter months. Glad to hear of the resources and study guides, there seem to be plenty out there, but which ones really help.
I used Gold Seal. I found it very worthwhile course for me - I was totally uninformed about the rules & regs of flying. I found the course easy to use and help available whenever I needed it. It prepared well enough that I passed the 107 on my first try.
Here is their LINK. They are also an approved vendor.

Good Luck

I used Gold Seal. I found it very worthwhile course for me - I was totally uninformed about the rules & regs of flying. I found the course easy to use and help available whenever I needed it. It prepared well enough that I passed the 107 on my first try.
Here is their LINK. They are also an approved vendor.

Thanks for the good information, I will check them out.

I really liked Udemy, the instructor was very easy to follow. I also liked the order in which the lessons were laid out. Each one builds on material covered in previous lessons. To each there own. What worked well for me may not be a good fit for someone else. I still recommend downloading or buying a hard copy of the PHAK from faa.gov. No matter what route you take they will be referencing that publication.

is there a book you used primarily when boning up 4 the part 107 exam?

thanx
I took a few of the practice tests I found online and scored in the mid 80s and thought I was good to go. Got in there and everything was totally different, didn't recognize hardly any of the questions from the practice tests I took but whoever it was that said one answer was obviously wrong and the other two were both close hit the nail on the head. I was able to use what little common sense and knowledge I had to eek out a 70 on the dot. But I would not recommend my method to anyone, almost wasted $150 lol.

is there a book you used primarily when boning up 4 the part 107 exam?

thanx

You can download a list of 100 questions with answers and all you really need to do is memorize the answers as 90% of what is in the test does not apply to drone only to actual manned aircraft. I studied a couple hours the night before the test and managed a 88% and this spring I have to renew and again will just go over the practice tests and memorize once again. The only real trick is knowing how to read the maps and that will be the hardest part. I think you will find once you pass you will not use much of what you learned until it's renew time.

Take a Course. If you have invested all that money in a drone, invest a little more and take a course. I am a flight instructor in Cali, both at the University level and private personal level. I have taught 300 students in the past year with a 99.99% pass rate the first time out. 40% of my students score 90% or above, Several have scored 100%. Sure YouTube is great, for cat videos, but do you really want someone on youtube teaching you how to get an FAA license?

Reactions: jspil
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven