DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Patch for latest Firmware Distorted Video Bug

dbparti24

Reactions
Many of us have the unusable pixelated video, and extreme latency. The fix seval of us did was to roll back our DJI-go4 apps. That being said how long does it normally take DJI to provide a patch? I fly with a Samsung Tab A 8", and Moto Z. Both currently work great on 4.1.10. I wish DJI would Beta test with customers. I would be happy to help.

...I fly with a Samsung Tab A 8", and Moto Z. Both currently work great on 4.1.10. I wish DJI would Beta test with customers. I would be happy to help.
That's the problem with DJI, they use all of us as beta testers.

I also use a Tab A and it works well with 4.1.15. I had to downgrade from 4.1.18 because of the video problem. I also disabled auto updates.

I had this happen to me after upgrading to GO 4.1.18. It seemed to go away after also upgrading the FW to .010. Have not flown it yet after the FW update (rain today), but it was ok on the coffee table where before I couldn't see squat. Make sure you're on latest FW after upgrading GO to .18...

ianc

That's the problem with DJI, they use all of us as beta testers.

I also use a Tab A and it works well with 4.1.15. I had to downgrade from 4.1.18 because of the video problem. I also disabled auto updates.
can you please explain how you went about this, i have the same issue. thanks

thanks for the help your information got me back to normal, is there a way to stop the updates from dji for the dji go 4 app? i do really appreciate your help.
thank you

... is there a way to stop the updates from dji for the dji go 4 app?
Start by opening the Play Store app. Next, tap the slide-out menu button in the upper left corner, as denoted by three horizontal lines, then tap Settings. On the settings screen, tap Auto-update apps, then select Do not auto-update apps.

Edit: for Android (Tab A)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information. I am a brand new user, only purchased my Mavic Pro a week ago. I was sure that the video was ok for the first day or so, and then it was very laggy and pixilated most of the time. As a new owner I was really pulling my hair out over this matter, and today I returned the device to the store where I bought it and after looking at the pixilated video capture on my Android phone they gave me a brand new replacement and I was having the same laggy pixilated video with the new unit !!!! I was convinced that it was a hardware issue, and now I have just uninstalled Go 4 app 4.1.18 and side loaded 4.1.15 and it appears to be working perfectly again. I am very relieved. I didn't have any apple devices to test with to see whether it was related to my android device. I'm reluctant to perform the 1.4.1 firmware update now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hotelone
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS