DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PayPal and Mavic

SirCharles

Reactions
Does PayPal protect the buyer, if he/she doesn't pay with the 'fees' option?
What happens if the sender sends an empty box or nothing at all?
I've seen two sellers ask for this option. Whereas, I've seen other sellers state that a buyer can use the fee based option. But they will have to pay the additional difference to cover the additional fee.

I agree...you can also ask them to invoice you via PayPal.

Yes...I’ve done PP Friends/Family on some hardware deals here, but only with longstanding forum members with good reputations.

Luckily I have not been burned...but I am selective, and if I don’t know (or can’t verify) the member I use full buyer/seller protection.

While on the Paypal theme, I thought everyone would like to know a little known fact. I have a friend who worked for Paypal fraud department and he informed me that most people are not aware that anything bought with an engine, does not get protected by Paypal, regardless of which category you choose to pay for it.

So, if you buy a car, as we all think of a car, you are not protected, if you buy an engine only, you are not protected. If you buy a car without an engine, you are protected. If you buy a motorcycle or an aircraft and it has an engine, you are not protected by Payapal. If you buy either of those things without an engine, then you are protected.

Strange I know and I would have never dreamed that to be the case, but according to him, that is the rule with Paypal.

Reactions: Drone_guy
While on the Paypal theme, I thought everyone would like to know a little known fact. I have a friend who worked for Paypal fraud department and he informed me that most people are not aware that anything bought with an engine, does not get protected by Paypal, regardless of which category you choose to pay for it.

So, if you buy a car, as we all think of a car, you are not protected, if you buy an engine only, you are not protected. If you buy a car without an engine, you are protected. If you buy a motorcycle or an aircraft and it has an engine, you are not protected by Payapal. If you buy either of those things without an engine, then you are protected.

Strange I know and I would have never dreamed that to be the case, but according to him, that is the rule with Paypal.

Interesting. So what does he think constitutes an engine in Paypals mind? Does it have to be internal combustion? In that case, an electric motor powered vehicle would be covered, such as a drone or a Chevrolet Volt.

Interesting. So what does he think constitutes an engine in Paypals mind? Does it have to be internal combustion? In that case, an electric motor powered vehicle would be covered, such as a drone or a Chevrolet Volt.
I am not 100% sure but I would think this would be for combustion engines, next time I see him I shall ask about electric motor craft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clabu