DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PB Charge Rate for Mavic Pro

Reactions
Recently sold my Phantom 3 Advanced and had purchased the battery connectors and connected them to my multi battery charger for RC planes and heli's. I set the device to PB and set it for 3.3 amps at 16.0 volts (8p).
I see I can buy the plugs for the Mavic and would like to use the same multi charger how ever am not sure what to set the voltage or current to.... I suspect the Mavic is a three cell. If anyone has done this or knows of any reason not to I am all ears and appreciate the help..

Reactions: Former Member
If it was working with your P3 set at PB with 3.3 amps output, the Mavic battery is 3830 mah, so you can charge at 3.8 - 4 amps for a 1c charge rate. The Mavic charger is a "dumb" charger anyway, it's the battery that's "Intelligent" with built in cell voltage balancer.

One question for you, did your P3 batteries balance out well using this method? When you checked them in DJI Go, were they pretty close in fully charged voltage and cut off at ?

The batteries always seemed to be balanced just fine - like you said, the battery is the smart one here and kept everything perfect. I decided to buy the triple charger for the Mavic Pro - this allows me to simultaneously charge three batteries with zero worries... Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7