DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PC Apps?

xellinus

Reactions
Hey are there apps for the mavic's (mini2/air2 whatever the newest small one that's not Tello :) )that run on PC instead of my phone?

I'd like to be able to control through a pc app for various reasons. maybe even hook up my current VR HMD...
Is there any open access to program anything kinda like the tello?
Danke

Hey are there apps for the mavic's (mini2/air2 whatever the newest small one that's not Tello :) )that run on PC instead of my phone?

I'd like to be able to control through a pc app for various reasons. maybe even hook up my current VR HMD...
Is there any open access to program anything kinda like the tello?
Danke
There are Android emulators, I haven't seen anyone report any great success using them with any actual DJI product. There are Apps like Litchi where you use their Mission hub (Online) to program a flight misssion however then it is linked to your account from there synced to device and then loaded to FC of aircraft and then flown. Apple or Android at this point...sorry :)

There are Android emulators, I haven't seen anyone report any great success using them with any actual DJI product. There are Apps like Litchi where you use their Mission hub (Online) to program a flight misssion however then it is linked to your account from there synced to device and then loaded to FC of aircraft and then flown. Apple or Android at this point...sorry :)
Try - NoxPlayer - Free Android Emulator on PC and Mac (bignox.com) ... report back. ⛑️

BlueStack is a very good emulator, however I never tried to use a DJI app on it. I am not sure how will work. I do not see the use since will be a bulky setup.

The problem you'll have even with an Android emulator is being able to properly connect the remote to the PC.

When connecting a phone to the RC, the RC is the host, the phone is the target/peripheral. The PC is also a host.

When you connect the RC to the PC, the RC is in target mode so that you can charge it or update the firmware.

The Tello can be managed by a PC because it connects by normal WiFi and appears as an IP networked device. All of the Mavics normally communicate via proprietary protocol (I consider Enhanced WiFi as proprietary). Some models do have a WiFi mode so that may be a way.

The problem you'll have even with an Android emulator is being able to properly connect the remote to the PC.

When connecting a phone to the RC, the RC is the host, the phone is the target/peripheral. The PC is also a host.

When you connect the RC to the PC, the RC is in target mode so that you can charge it or update the firmware.

The Tello can be managed by a PC because it connects by normal WiFi and appears as an IP networked device. All of the Mavics normally communicate via proprietary protocol (I consider Enhanced WiFi as proprietary). Some models do have a WiFi mode so that may be a way.

Ah. I figured it'd switch to a available cell network to keep up the range. Is it not that but some kind of magically way too powerful wifi?

Ah. I figured it'd switch to a available cell network to keep up the range. Is it not that but some kind of magically way too powerful wifi?
I'm not sure what you are getting at. There's no way to communicate directly with the AC since it uses proprietary Ocusync 2. With Tello you can because it uses standard WiFi. It even shows up as an access point and generates an IP address.

So to control the AC, you have to connect to the remote via USB. The problem is that the USB port on the remote when connecting to the app is in "master" mode like on a PC, while the mobile device is in "slave" mode like a keyboard or storage.
PC USB is always "master" and you can't connect two masters together so you can't get the PC to communicate with the remote. If you could, then an Android emulator might have worked.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliassmith02