DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permission to Fly in Tenerife

CJG

Reactions
Good Morning all,

I am going on a walking holiday in Tenerife with my son in March next year (2025); and he is insisting that I have all the right permits if I am to take my drone with me (quite right too, I say through gritted teeth....)!

The drone is a sub-250g DJI Mini 3 Pro. I am licensed with the CAA in the UK; and with the Irish Aviation Authority (for drone flying within the EU). I have passed the mandatory basic online training in both jurisdictions.

This is purely hobbyist flying, taking still images (not videos).!

We will be staying in Vilaflor, Parador Las Canadas Del Teide, Garachico and San Cristobal de la Laguna and walking within the Teide National Park. Although not shown on the DJI GEO Zone Map (what is, apart from Airports?) there are various restrictions on flying in these areas.

Do you know of anyone who can help me with getting the necessary permissions and documentation for using a drone in this way? My Spanish really isn't good enough for this and I am happy to pay (a reasonable amount).

Thanking you all in anticipation,

CJG

Good Morning all,

I am going on a walking holiday in Tenerife with my son in March next year (2025); and he is insisting that I have all the right permits if I am to take my drone with me (quite right too, I say through gritted teeth....)!

The drone is a sub-250g DJI Mini 3 Pro. I am licensed with the CAA in the UK; and with the Irish Aviation Authority (for drone flying within the EU). I have passed the mandatory basic online training in both jurisdictions.

This is purely hobbyist flying, taking still images (not videos).!

We will be staying in Vilaflor, Parador Las Canadas Del Teide, Garachico and San Cristobal de la Laguna and walking within the Teide National Park. Although not shown on the DJI GEO Zone Map (what is, apart from Airports?) there are various restrictions on flying in these areas.

Do you know of anyone who can help me with getting the necessary permissions and documentation for using a drone in this way? My Spanish really isn't good enough for this and I am happy to pay (a reasonable amount).

Thanking you all in anticipation,

CJG
I think you have everything you need. Here's a link that might help

Hello CJG... i really can help you as i have these same experience with my DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo....email me on [email protected]
Thanks for this @mike93220: I will do, and much appreciated. I am tied up tomorrow but I’ll email you towards the end of the week.

Does it make a difference that my drone is less than 250g, and the MP is over 250g?

How fortuitous that you joined the forum on the same day I needed advice! How did that happen??!!

CJG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluffman2