DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PFTOSKY case FTW

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I really like my FPTOSKY case for my Mav 3 and figtured all I’d have to do would be to cut out a little section in front of it to open an existing slot for filters so I did it today and the Mav3 Pro fits just fine. I might have cut out another ⅛ inch or so as it’s a firm fit but regardless, it fits well. I had 5batteries and with the new drone I now have 6 total. Under the battery on the right are a couple of USB-C cords for charging and a set of props. When I get the ND Filter set I’m confident it will lie upon the RC Pro with a lens cloth between them. Dunno if they are still available. I havent sold my Mav 3 so when a new case for the Mav3 PRo comes out I’ll probably get it and continueD161E60A-3C07-4F9F-9EBE-C335283BCD94.jpeg

I really like my FPTOSKY case for my Mav 3 and figtured all I’d have to do would be to cut out a little section in front of it
Nice case, neat job too...

Which foam cutter did you get?
I'm in the market for a foam cutter too.

My daughter just bought a house. While helping her fix it up, we found an Apache 3800 in the utility building out back, all nasty and dusty on the outside... she didn't want it so I took it as 'partial payment', lol, for my carpentry plumbing electrical and landscaping services ;)...

I cleaned it up outside and of course the inside is clean as a whistle, except the pick-and-pluck foam is messed up.

I'll need a good source for foam, also this is a good excuse to go ahead and buy a cutter.

@akdrone ...Did you use a foam cutter?

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hey wait a minute its half the price and more options at ALI Express
I think I only need to remove a few mm so I’m going to try a sharp hobby knife first
Maybe my new $500 1,000mW green laser, bought to get rid of an excessively annoying new murder of crows in my backyard, without discharging a firearm in the city, can do double duty as a styrofoam cutter! LOL!

Reactions: Starz
I just kind of happen to have a raft of Pelican cases for differing bits of equipment. I also have a couple of them that use the TrekPak system. The Trek Pack is essentially corrugated plastic like the stuff used for political signs, just with some 1/8" hobby foam glued on. I like it a lot and use it with all my camera systems and other optical systems. You can re-position the spaces in minutes for a completely different layout.

Now Pelican wants a princely sum for their kits. It also seems that every year we have a load of people running for dogcatcher or village idiot and they post a bunch of signs all over the place. After the election, in our state they have 48 hours to pick them up. So they are fair game after that. I always gather up a few to make more custom layouts in the spare Pelicans.

The one shown is a 1400 case with the Mavic 3 Pro in it, compared to my Mavic 3 enterprise Thermal in its case. The Pelican is about a third smaller, which really counts in my world. I can only load up so much volume in the aircraft to get out to the field. I still need to haul my other geotechnical gear and a few bits to camp with as well. I cube out quickly in the 206H.

So if your looking for an efficient, infinitely modifiable case this works for me and the inserts are basically free, with just the coast of the foam (about $3 for a 11"x14" sheet from Jo Ann Fabrics). You can pick up Pelican 1400 for $20-30 on Craigslist most of the time.

case.jpg

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada