DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom inputs on manic air controller

shawnVM

Reactions
Hey guys so my controller is acting as if there is input, its showing 25% input on the right stick(providing photo below) I've calibrated the controller 6 times now and its actually gotten worse because originally it was just 17%. Anyone have experience with this problem? Should I just keep calibrating it I just feel after 6 tries if it was gonna fix it, it would have. I've sprayed compressed air in the grooves thinking maybe something is stuck in there but I was reading they use magnets or something instead of springs so idk if that even did anything.

It's about 8 months old and I don't have care refresh sadly, I haven't called dji yet but I have a feeling they'll just tell me to calibrate it so I figure I just with the geniuses here. Thanks everyone 20200115_070905.jpeg

Morning. That's annoying... There was another thread with the same query yesterday - you might find an answer in there?

Good luck :)

Hey guys so my controller is acting as if there is input, its showing 25% input on the right stick(providing photo below) I've calibrated the controller 6 times now and its actually gotten worse because originally it was just 17%. Anyone have experience with this problem? Should I just keep calibrating it I just feel after 6 tries if it was gonna fix it, it would have. I've sprayed compressed air in the grooves thinking maybe something is stuck in there but I was reading they use magnets or something instead of springs so idk if that even did anything.

It's about 8 months old and I don't have care refresh sadly, I haven't called dji yet but I have a feeling they'll just tell me to calibrate it so I figure I just with the geniuses here. Thanks everyone View attachment 90863
I have experienced the same problem with mine from time to time. But in my case a recalibration fixes it. I think the trick is to start the calibration without the phantom input showing. Go into the remote calibration settings and give the stick with the issue a good toggle in all directions until it is no longer registering any false inputs. Keep nudging and rotating it every way till it rests on 0% when you let go of it. Once the values are all at 0%, then start the calibration process. Go slow with the the calibration and take your time. Move the sticks in all four directions slowly and repeat each movement at least 3 to 4 times (starting from 0 till it hits 100%). If any of the sticks are not reading 100% when pushed to their farthest, cancel the calibration and start again. Once done with the calibration, check again to see the remote is no longer registering any phantom inputs. Good luck!

Oh, you probably know this but in case you you don't, you don't need to power the aircraft or connect the remote to it during the entirety of this process.

Reactions: NZmxer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78