DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom nearby casing interference?

Letac

Reactions
Hi,

Here is the log of the flight that ended with my MA coming back and being responsive until it got to 2 feet from the ground, then starting to drift forward at very low speed for a few feet until it hit the bushes. It didn't respond to stick inputs. What I noticed a couple of minutes before it came back at the shore was a Phantom flying a hundred feet away from me. Could it be that this other drone caused interference?

Thanks!

It's not going to be interference, but the aircraft was ignoring your stick inputs at the end - the aircraft pitch (red trace) was not responding to the elevator inputs (red dotted trace). It was also recording the drift that you described - the black trace below is velocity north and the drift to the south is clearly apparent. I don't see an obvious cause for this yet:

2018-06-25_[15-40-27]_01.png

It's not going to be interference, but the aircraft was ignoring your stick inputs at the end - the aircraft pitch (red trace) was not responding to the elevator inputs (red dotted trace). It was also recording the drift that you described - the black trace below is velocity north and the drift to the south is clearly apparent. I don't see an obvious cause for this yet.

Thanks a lot @sar104. This is pretty concerning. I'm happy this happened at the beach a few ft away from me. Can't imagine if it happened two miles away.....

BTW, where did you pull this screenshot from?

Thanks a lot @sar104. This is pretty concerning. I'm happy this happened at the beach a few ft away from me. Can't imagine if it happened two miles away.....

BTW, where did you pull this screenshot from?

It's not really a screenshot - I plotted some of the relevant flight data from your txt log file (2018-06-25_[15-40-27]) and saved a PNG image of the graph.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000