DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom Rain - Two Clicks on the Battery is not enough

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
We found out quickly that the Gaps left by the battery were bigger than expected when we first flew the Mavic 2 in the Rain and water got inside the Battery Compartment.

There have been several post about the batteries disconnecting in mid flight along with batteries that are bulging after flights.

We took a battery and ran it underwater thinking that battery was sealed but in fact was not and the power button seems to be the weakest link and prone to letting moisture inside the battery as within just a few seconds the Power Button was blinking and the battery was compromised, being that its an intelligent battery this was not good.

Because the batteries are so open to moisture , these batteries can swell and pop out causing your drone to possibly disconnect as there are several post on this matter right now.

Some people are using duct tape and velcro straps , but that is doing nothing to protect the batteries from moisture and bulging so we recommend you consider the Mavic Wet Suit for not only keeping your battery snug but also to keep moisture out.

Because of the ongoing problems with the batteries we will continue to offer Mavic 2 Series and Pro with 4 Battery seals rather than the 2 it comes with on any Wet Suit purchased on the Website.

You will need to email me to me know your email so I can add the extra battery covers
[email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Each one of these wetsuits now comes with 4 Battery Covers for Forum members .

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
Have you considered just selling battery covers separately.

Great question but the answer would be no. Everything needs to work together to secure its effectiveness and just selling the Battery Covers would be offering a false sense of security in the rain and snow.

Keeping water out of the battery enclosure is obviously a good thing.

Out of curiosity how do you suggest water might cause the cells to swell? If the electrolyte isn’t leaking from the pouch how do you propose water might get inside?

I my self don't fly in the rain when I store my drone in my bag I use silica gel

Keeping water out of the battery enclosure is obviously a good thing.

Out of curiosity how do you suggest water might cause the cells to swell? If the electrolyte isn’t leaking from the pouch how do you propose water might get inside?

I think the response from DJI on someone else's Explains it best .

We truly understand your sentiment about the battery. However, as much as I want to help you with the two swollen battery. We are just following our after-sales policy. What we mentioned on my previous email, we regret to inform you that based on the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside the warranty period (6 months).

Because of the structure of battery, it can not be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead. We recommend that you purchase a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store or you may contact us at [email protected].

We humbly ask your patience and kind understanding about this matter.

I get the feeling they know this can happen.

Thus Protecting the Batteries makes the most sense for now and the Mavic Wet Suits do a pretty good job at that .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
Coal

I think the response from DJI on someone else's Explains it best .

We truly understand your sentiment about the battery. However, as much as I want to help you with the two swollen battery. We are just following our after-sales policy. What we mentioned on my previous email, we regret to inform you that based on the information provided indicates that the batteries are outside the warranty period (6 months).

Because of the structure of battery, it can not be repaired. If it is out of warranty and indeed dead. We recommend that you purchase a new battery from an authorized DJI dealer or the DJI Online Store or you may contact us at [email protected].

We humbly ask your patience and kind understanding about this matter.

I get the feeling they know this can happen.

Thus Protecting the Batteries makes the most sense for now and the Mavic Wet Suits do a pretty good job at that .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm
Coal
That post from DJI seems to say nothing on the subject of moisture induced battery swelling. Water doesn’t cause LiPO cells to swell.

More posts have come in today with batteries swelling up .
Batteries that have swollen can cause the battery to Eject which can cause disconnect.

We know that Moisture can comprimise you battery, and that extreme heat and cold can cause the batteries to swell.

So carefully looking at your batteries carefully can help if the underside is swollen dont fly./
Protecting your batteries from moisture / rain / snow can also aide in keeping your batteries healthy.

But its easy to forget that these are more than just batteries they have computer chips in them and thus very susceptible to the elements and protecting them is key.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair