DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom vs Mavic..

BillyDrone

Reactions
I was just wondering why anyone would choose a Phantom over a Mavic seeing how the Phantoms are soo big a bulky with less aerodynamics making it harder to transport.

I was just wondering why anyone would choose a Phantom over a Mavic seeing how the Phantoms are soo big a bulky with less aerodynamics making it harder to transport.

The Phantom 4 Pro is a flag ship with a Camera on Par with the Mavic 2 , but here is how it really shines:

For those on a Boat there is no better drone to hand catch more easily than the Phantom 4 .

When it comes to being able to Negotiate strong winds , the Gimbal on the Phantom 4 is much stronger than the Mavics.

So the Mavic 2 may fly slighting better in the wind , however the Gimbal cannot withstand the Winds as well as the Phantom 4 Pro .

I think if they came out with a Phantom 5 There would still be quite a few followers.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone In the Pouring and rain and Float on Water.

The Phantom has a mechanical shutter on top of what is noted above. This is extremely beneficial for mapping applications and photos.

The controller, while larger and heavier has a built in HDM port which is very useful. Also the right finger wheel is also a button that allows you to change camera parameters more easily, a disappointing omission from the Mavic series.

Being a larger drone the Phantom has a bit more ability to carry a payload as well.

The Phantom 4 Pro is a flag ship with a Camera on Par with the Mavic 2 , but here is how it really shines:

For those on a Boat there is no better drone to hand catch more easily than the Phantom 4 .

When it comes to being able to Negotiate strong winds , the Gimbal on the Phantom 4 is much stronger than the Mavics.

So the Mavic 2 may fly slighting better in the wind , however the Gimbal cannot withstand the Winds as well as the Phantom 4 Pro .

I think if they came out with a Phantom 5 There would still be quite a few followers.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Drone In the Pouring and rain and Float on Water.
Nice video except most of the tests were done with the Phantom....
Phantom? No thanks...I will stick with my Mavic..

I wonder what we did when there was nothing but Phantoim 1, 2's, 3's or 4's... How in the world did we ever transport them??? What did we ever do without Care Refresh Scam?? What did we do with beepers and phone booths...when they didn't make cell phones then?? How ever did we make it, without FaceBook and the internet and swiping left??? :p I have a M2Z and fly my P3P more than it...different strokes for different folks, some were there for the whole journey, some just now jumped on the train...but now the train doesn't have a caboose anymore :rolleyes:

I wonder what we did when there was nothing but Phantoim 1, 2's, 3's or 4's... How in the world did we ever transport them??? What did we ever do without Care Refresh Scam?? What did we do with beepers and phone booths...when they didn't make cell phones then?? How ever did we make it, without FaceBook and the internet and swiping left??? :p I have a M2Z and fly my P3P more than it...different strokes for different folks, some were there for the whole journey, some just now jumped on the train...but now the train doesn't have a caboose anymore :rolleyes:
I sure is a different world we live in today...I also wonder those kind of things.

I started out with an 3DR Solo. so those of you that know what that drone looks like. Can image me carrying that on a trip, and traveling around with that drone in a back pack on a Bike. i.e. motorcycle or ten speed bicycle.

Reactions: Dave Maine
I second the phantom 4 for the best photography. Very stable with an excellent image sensor. Well worth the hassle when doing serious work. Use the MA1 for compact travel and video. Still very good images, quite usable.

What I'd dearly love, is a phantom 4 pro v2 camera on a Mavic body. I've watched lots of the footage, and the sharpness of the Phantom is superior. 4K 60fps too.
But I like to fly on top of mountains. Carrying a phantom up there would be hard work. So hoping DJI will give me my Frankenstein ...

Thank goodness DJI makes a model for almost every taste.
The Phantom 4Pro (and advance) has a mechanical shutter. 1 inch sensor, same as Mavic2P
The P4P has a wider FOV than the Mavic 2P (24mm vs 28mm equiv) both take 20 Megapixel photos
The Phantom 4 has a wider FOV (20mm equiv) but no mechanical shutter and a smaller sensor. 12 Megapixel photos
The Mavic 2 Zoom has a FOV from 24-48mm equiv, smaller sensor, 12 Megapixel photos.

I havent addressed video.

I made a friend about a year ago, who has a Phantom 4. We were going to take our drones out flying, I picked him up in my muscle car, and his P4 fit easily in the trunk of my car, along with a bunch of other things that were in there. So I don't understand the comment about so large to transport. It isn't like it requires a mini van with all the back seats fold down flat. He took the time to teach me how to fly it, and let me have fun. It was great to fly, rock solid stable and a blast.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beechpilot