DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain ! Why we fly BACKWARDS

AMP: Personally, I think that post was uncalled for. I saw absolutely no "unrelated gibberish." These folks are proud of what they've accomplished and clearly, if an M2 can hover for almost half an hour in the pouring rain, how much more can you ask for? The whole point of the product is to protect the bird long enough to get back "home" when confronted with an unexpected rain shower, it is not designed to fly purposefully into a downpour (although it looks like it would survive just fine if you did.)

Secondly, there's no way for you to know if a client sent him the link to that clip but it sure seems reasonable to me and he certainly wouldn't post a link to a clip that was NOT from someone using his product. Otherwise, the company would risk being found dishonest and frankly, I don't see the upside to that. And BTW, the post you referred to where he "copied" the link was from Serr8ed who wrote a review and seems to be quite happy with the product.

I wonder, do you criticize every poster who makes typographical or spelling errors? I sure haven't seen those posts if you do so why are you being so rude to this individual?

As for KC's question about humidity and long-term exposure, how could PR answer that? If a drone dies from long-term high humidity on the electronics, how could someone determine the failure was specifically due to humidity? I live in South Texas where the relative humidity is nearly always above 80 percent and quite often near 100 percent. My M1 has lived in this environment for going on three years and she still works perfectly. Is that long enough for you to determine that humidity will not kill a drone?

So as I said previously, could we please have some civility here?

My sincere apologies if I made any typos or grammatical errors.

Thanks KMB,

This is what I was looking for. Someone with real world experience in a humid environment. I would like to hear from a few more folks who have to fly in similar conditions as yours. If I was greedy, I would to like hear from some of the vendors that repair Mavics if they have seen any evidence of corrosion after they have opened up the units from someone flying in high humidity for a while.

BTW, I feel a bit sorry for you. I have been to Houston in August and it was quite miserable.

Thanks again.

Ken

Reactions: mnis
Again, you couldn't answer Camino Ken's simple question and just reeled off a load of unrelated gibberish.

Then tries to change the subject with a video he says a client sent to him - but in reality, he just copied the link from post number 78 of this thread.

Well, at least he's using a spell checker now. I'm just wondering how long before this thread gets deleted like all the other's that question his product.

PhantomRain will be glad to know, I'm not going to try anymore to wake people up, so he can carry on ripping people off in peace.
I'm happy too

Well if he ain't I am and you right your not going to be posting in this no more .
I don't have the time to go through all this and read it but do hear this .
Anymore that are not interested and just want to bash this vender really think before you post
as I am tired of the nonsense and will deal with you accordingly .
Have an issue with that write me or an Admin but thats it.

Got a legitimate question then ask it if not move on .

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] thank you! I just don't understand that type of behavior. Almost a week now and his daily onslaught of rude comments and insults have come to an end. High five mod [emoji113]

Reactions: Rnl
Fantastic , thank you, is there a reason why you got the Neon Blue as to say that black, which is the best looking of the bunch, do you need me to send you the black eclipse.

I never thought of it as being Ugly, maybe I will take another look at it.

View attachment 63399

Hmm, so you prefer the BLACK. I was leaning toward the Orca although I guess the WHITE portions might easily show dirt. I can see the blue being the most visible against certain backdrops or, as noted later, in a crash situation in shrubs.

Hmm, so you prefer the BLACK. I was leaning toward the Orca although I guess the WHITE portions might easily show dirt. I can see the blue being the most visible against certain backdrops or, as noted later, in a crash situation in shrubs.

The white does provide a nice look, but it will get dirty fast, , but cleans up well.
If your into keeping your drone spotless , its good but if you just want to put it away after a couple flights black is the way to go.

Thank you for your continued interest.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 1.44.43 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.39.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.39.16 AM.png
    914.4 KB · Views: 14

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member