DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain ! Why we fly BACKWARDS

I can’t wait til it rains, then I can fly my drone...! ijk I didn’t waist my money on that. All the Mavics can already handle quite a bit of moisture already...

Reactions: mnis
I can’t wait til it rains, then I can fly my drone...!

well, if you indeed so anxious - you probably have a shower in the bathroom. :)
I agree, if you don't want it move on.
I'm going to give it a try and he also customized the design for me, going to look good too. Not going to fly in storms, but light rain and snow you bet ya. Film alot of deer and that's when they come out alot.

i generally only do not want a hole in the roof of my house because some imbecile only had read a commercial on some web site and presumed that water and lipo batteries do play along well.
but, indeed, this thread really took its course and it is pointless to argue. whoever wants to fly in the rain will fly in the rain - it is your choice. just remember, law requires you to have your registration number posted on the exterior of your vehicle, so if you cause any property damage it will be traced back to you.

well, if you indeed so anxious - you probably have a shower in the bathroom. :)

i generally only do not want a hole in the roof of my house because some imbecile only had read a commercial on some web site and presumed that water and lipo batteries do play along well.
but, indeed, this thread really took its course and it is pointless to argue. whoever wants to fly in the rain will fly in the rain - it is your choice. just remember, law requires you to have your registration number posted on the exterior of your vehicle, so if you cause any property damage it will be traced back to you.
You all are something else.

There is such a thing as constructive criticism, any decent person/company would take onboard any problems or concerns and address them immediately. They would usually use such criticisms to help improve their product and public image. A forum is a great place to do this and as such here we are.

We're not simply getting out the pitchforks and attacking an innocent individual, we're trying to get to the bottom of what this product offers and how it can help drone enthusiasts like you and me.

If all he wants is for us to stroke his ego and tell him how amazing his product is, then he's come to the wrong place. Many of us here would be glad of a product such as this and so we're entitled to ask questions and voice our concerns. But any time we do, we're met with hostility and personal insults, we're then told we know nothing about the subject or product and so we shouldn't comment.

Again this is a forum and as defined by the English dictionary a forum is:
a place on the internet where people can leave messages or discuss particular subjects with other people at the same time

And so here we are, discussing a particular subject ie. drones.
If you don't like a sensible, adult discussion about our interests then you know where the door is, or another way of putting it - if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.

Thank you.

why does this thread keep sitting at the top of the list, looks like a scam to advertise fro free, admin, please lock it out

Folks: Any chance we could cease and desist with the criticism and bashing? PhantomRain has a product that remarkably makes the Phantoms, M2, (and soon M1 I read,) NEARLY waterproof. I've never seen the product in person but I'd say it's pretty clear that his company has done a great deal of research and testing on the subject. There's no need to be so critical, either you have a need for such a product or you don't. If you do, by all means ask questions before you buy but to simply critisize them over wording is over the top. Anyone who thinks they can slap on a suit and go flying willy nilly in the rain all day isn't using their noggin'. I for one think they should be congratulated for achieving what they have so far and not bashed or have their statements dissected under a microscope. Just imagine how you would feel if your company was bombarded with all these posts. Please give the fella a break.

Thank you! That's exactly what i've been saying! Where are all of these critic's accessory lines? It's nearly impossible to design, assemble, and market a product successfully. Phantomrain, I congratulate you sir. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Mrveronn and Rnl
Thank you! That's exactly what i've been saying! Where are all of these critic's accessory lines? It's nearly impossible to design, assemble, and market a product successfully. Phantomrain, I congratulate you sir. Thumbswayup

Please provide a link to your drone accessories, I'd be happy to have a look at them.

Please provide a link to your drone accessories, I'd be happy to have a look at them.

I don't have any. But Phantomrain does. Which is the point I was making. He managed to accomplish the nearly impossible. I respect that. Everybody has there own opinion on the product, of course, but to blatenly attack a man in a public forum isn't necessary. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on

Reactions: Rnl
I don't have any. But Phantomrain does. Which is the point I was making. He managed to accomplish the nearly impossible. I respect that. Everybody has there own opinion on the product, of course, but to blatenly attack a man in a public forum isn't necessary. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Move on

Oh, I see. You don't have any! Your previous comment suggests that you need to have a product line to comment in this thread...

Since you can't post a link to a product line, please provide a link to the comment that "blatantly attacks" this individual.

The "nearly impossible" isn't sticking some pieces of neoprene in random spots and claiming that the drone is now fit to fly in rain.

Designing the shapes for the neoprene patches looks difficult though.

It's not difficult to bring a product to market, not sure why you think that.

The "nearly impossible" isn't sticking some pieces of neoprene in random spots and claiming that the drone is now fit to fly in rain.

Designing the shapes for the neoprene patches looks difficult though.

It's not difficult to bring a product to market, not sure why you think that.

You, Sir, are correct. It's not difficult, especially when it's a poorly designed product. In fact, this particular individual is not a stranger to a poorly designed product line.

Oh, I see. You don't have any! Your previous comment suggests that you need to have a product line to comment in this thread...

Since you can't post a link to a product line, please provide a link to the comment that "blatantly attacks" this individual.

Wow, okay. Just see yourself out of this thread please. There's absolutely no need for this type of behavior

You both are nothing but ignorant keyboard warriors with nothing better to do than sit around putting people down because you hate your own life and can't stand to see others succeed. I'm done with the level of immaturity this thread has diminished to. I bid you adieu.

You both are nothing but ignorant keyboard warriors with nothing better to do than sit around putting people down because you hate your own life and can't stand to see others succeed. I'm done with the level of immaturity this thread has diminished to. I bid you adieu.
That's not entirely true.

I've designed a number of successful products before and have never had their reliability, usability or basic functionality questioned.

"Kilrah" who commented earlier on in the thread started one of the early pioneering companies that sold FPV equipment. Without people like him we wouldn't even be here discussing this drone hobby.

I haven't seen another thread with such opposition to a product on this forum (granted I don't spend that much time on here). People wouldn't be saying this if there was no just cause.

Well, there's no need for blatantly attacking us for an opinion. It may be best you go outside and get some fresh air...

But really in all seriousness, I've tried the product, it worked for me, don't knock it till you try it.

Well, I can't talk for everyone, but I personally have not knocked this product. Like many, I'm sceptical of its claims and so, I think its only right to question them.

When met with childish responses from the developer it only makes me even more concerned about the companies intentions. So then I start looking further into the developer and it just gets worst, I then start to think is this just another scam and start to worry about the people who might not be so concerned with the claims and blindly buy the product, resulting in damage or even worst injury.

Do you think you could do a product review?

You just keep going, buy one and a review for us, since your so concerned for others.

You just keep going, buy one and a review for us, since your so concerned for others.

tenor.gif

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15