DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain ! Why we fly BACKWARDS

mavics design uses active cooling - it means it has inlet air ducts to suck in colder air from the outside, push it through the heatsink and move heat out via outlet ducts. so, if you fly slow with outlet ducts facing the wind - you get less water in. but you will still get some.
so, from both engineering perspective and also generic common sense one should realize that you will get some amount of moisture inside of the aircraft if you keep those ducts open in the rain, no matter which way you fly or how you position them. if you close them, your central cpu board will overheat.

any protective coat will help to a degree (may be) but it does not turn a non-waterproofed design into a submarine. so, just have a realistic expectations, that`s all.
Phantomrain’s wetsuit isn’t supposed to turn it into a submarine but it does allow you to fly in inclement weather that otherwise would stop you from flying in either rain, snow, and any other type situation. Trust me I have it applied to my M2P and it really does work. ;)

Phantomrain’s wetsuit isn’t supposed to turn it into a submarine but it does allow you to fly in inclement weather that otherwise would stop you from flying in either rain, snow, and any other type situation. Trust me I have it applied to my M2P and it really does work. ;)
i bet it does.
this also works.
https://www.amazon.com/Glad-Pressn-...96143&sr=8-7&fpw=pantry&keywords=kitchen+wrap
guess how i know? :)

none will prevent flooding of your cpu board, that`s all. you do not fly in the inclement weather, i see no reason why one would do that. it is not safe and if it crashes and causes bodily injury or property damage - it is your liability.

Not even close to the wetsuit!! That’s just a cheap way to try to make it work.
it is a way more simple and an effective way than any snake oil sold to make an impossible look possible. that`s all.

again, i did not want to say that, but, i come here from bigger models perspective, and, i just think a lot of people greatly underestimate the consequences of their badly thought out actions. it is just a small size of this model makes a false pretense of a safety, but, when you have this piece of machinery 300-500ft in the air and it will come down at somebody - it will be damage.
when you fly a way bigger platform, 450mm or 690, 900mm rig - you just have to respect the size and understand consequences. but, the deal it - with this smaller thing it is really all the same, nothing changes. that is why i really dislike any things like that, those 'wetsuits' with any kinds of promises to accomplish something that was not initially in the factory design. as it is not, and it is not going to guarantee you anything other than some random amount of an additional protection that may work, or may not.
and when you will end up on the 'may not' end of things - it will put you and your business on the line. and seller of this snake oil will not be responsible in any form or way to protect you in the court of law.

Last edited:
it is a way more simple and an effective way than any snake oil sold to make an impossible look possible. that`s all.

again, i did not want to say that, but, i come here from bigger models perspective, and, i just think a lot of people greatly underestimate the consequences of their badly thought out actions. it is just a small size of this model makes a false pretense of a safety, but, when you have this piece of machinery 300-500ft in the air and it will come down at somebody - it will be damage.
when you fly a way bigger platform, 450mm or 690, 900mm rig - you just have to respect the size and understand consequences. but, the deal it - with this smaller thing it is really all the same, nothing changes. that is why i really dislike any things like that, those 'wetsuits' with any kinds of promises to accomplish something that was not initially in the factory design. as it is not, and it is not going to guarantee you anything other than some random amount of an additional protection that may work, or may not.
and when you will end up on the 'may not' end of things - it will put you and your business on the line. and seller of this snake oil will not be responsible in any form or way to protect you in the court of law.
Whatever you say.

i bet it does.
this also works.
https://www.amazon.com/Glad-Pressn-...96143&sr=8-7&fpw=pantry&keywords=kitchen+wrap
guess how i know? :)

none will prevent flooding of your cpu board, that`s all. you do not fly in the inclement weather, i see no reason why one would do that. it is not safe and if it crashes and causes bodily injury or property damage - it is your liability.

Oh, I purchased the 1 million drone size roll from Costco!

I would like to see someone post their own video of the suit in action.

Inspirehil is your neck of the woods down in damp Oregon as opposed to the dry side?

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot
Oh, I purchased the 1 million drone size roll from Costco!
I would like to see someone post their own video of the suit in action.

do not have a photo and not going to wrap it now - but, essentially, if you are stuck in a light drizzle - you put a lipo on this, connect, then wrap the body across, as all electronics are inside, make small hole for the front camera and it will survive wet grass and, again little of drizzle. works while camping.
also it works here as it is a pretty much an indestructible solid carbon fiber body with everything that could short circuit isolated and covered in liquid rubber, except of the central stack.

Attachments

• 2018-11-27 07.36.39.jpg
    2018-11-27 07.36.39.jpg
    859.1 KB · Views: 60
Why did you not make a suit for the mavic pro!!

We will be releasing the Wet Suits for the Mavic Pro next week.

We posted a new Rain Video showing off the Wet Suit in the Rain. Thank you for your interest.

Got to be one of the best vids showing how backwards flying has some serious advantages. Using yourself as the focal point of the camera to run such a straight line. This was posted in the Phantom forum but warrants being in this thread.

Last edited:

Part 1. I'm just about to take off. Been working on getting it installed...I can't find any thing instructional anywhere!

Sorry about that we sent you an email with video install, you might have missed it., but email me at [email protected] That look like an amazing place to fly, talk soon, thank you for the support.

Last edited:

Part 1. I'm just about to take off. Been working on getting it installed...I can't find any thing instructional anywhere!

Is the wet suit suppose to be stuck to the drone?

Well at least you brought a towel:

"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

Reactions: mnis
Everything went well! Mavic flew right through a downpour/blizzard and came out the other side unscathed! Cant say the same for my nerves...[emoji51] Nice work phantom. Only complaints; not removable/reusable. Not meaning to offend, but I find it a little unattractive. Unfortunately it's gonna be a one time use product for me (I'm a little over obsessed with appearances though. But to each his own. Maybe consider designing a slip-on version? Other than that, instructions in the packaging would be convenient. Overall a great product. Got some epic footage from inside a blizzard! How many Mavic pilots can say that?

Everything went well! Mavic flew right through a downpour/blizzard and came out the other side unscathed! Cant say the same for my nerves...[emoji51] Nice work phantom. Only complaints; not removable/reusable. Not meaning to offend, but I find it a little unattractive. Unfortunately it's gonna be a one time use product for me (I'm a little over obsessed with appearances though. But to each his own. Maybe consider designing a slip-on version? Other than that, instructions in the packaging would be convenient. Overall a great product. Got some epic footage from inside a blizzard! How many Mavic pilots can say that?

Fantastic , thank you, is there a reason why you got the Neon Blue as to say that black, which is the best looking of the bunch, do you need me to send you the black eclipse.

I never thought of it as being Ugly, maybe I will take another look at it.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.41.33 AM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser