DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantomrain ! Why we fly BACKWARDS

Please send this forum a check for your donations to keep it running, who do you think pays for this forum? these vendors. If you don't like their post read past them or skip them. The simple fact is no one has shown these rain suits to damage your drone or make it worse than it was without the suit ,so where is the beef. most of us put insurance on our drones to cover loss or liability this is a cheap form of insurance, it is not required,it is just for your personal peace of mind if you want it. Why do y'all have to make such a big deal over a product. But I will let the moderators know they should be expecting all those checks to come pouring in to keep this form going.
Members have a right to question a product, if you don’t like the questions then read past them or skip them.

Please send this forum a check for your donations to keep it running, who do you think pays for this forum? these vendors. If you don't like their post read past them or skip them. The simple fact is no one has shown these rain suits to damage your drone or make it worse than it was without the suit ,so where is the beef. most of us put insurance on our drones to cover loss or liability this is a cheap form of insurance, it is not required,it is just for your personal peace of mind if you want it. Why do y'all have to make such a big deal over a product. But I will let the moderators know they should be expecting all those checks to come pouring in to keep this form going.
Very well said! I couldn’t have said it better myself. To each their own.

Reactions: rrobertsonsr
I did not want to address anyone personally. If you consider my statements as a personal attack, then I apologize at this point.

I'm not saying you're unprofessional...I say there are people who just do not want to understand some of the relationships.
The core message is and remains:
The Mavics (maybe not the Enterprise versions) were not built to withstand extreme weather situations.
They were built (in my view) mainly for non-commercial purposes. This does not exclude a decision for commercial and professional use!

I can not stop anyone from doing anything (in my view) wrong. So take my well-intentioned warning or ignore it.
!!! To me !!! At the moment the following is clear, at least I understood it like this:
- The provider of the rain cover offered here, is currently not ready to assume a functional guarantee for the specially advertised product. The buyer uses the product at his own risk. For example, a simple and inexpensive DIY solution may provide similar protection for the aircraft.
- For me, all the videos and images seen so far are not convincing.
- There are currently no references to independent tests.
- If doubts are expressed, one receives (very offensively) repeatedly evasive statements.

In fact, I was interested in the product advertised here. I like to look for already existing accessories, even if I do not even own the machine intended for that purpose. I do not and cannot begin to know other people's needs and therefore cannot tell them what their warranty or insurance requirements are or what they will lose if they do or don't have one. I can only say, This product looks cool I'll try it, or this product looks like garbage. I won't try it.

So if you want to try this protection anyway, then it would be nice if you tell us your findings later. Maybe you will be the first ...

I think I just might do so and encourage others to do so as well. I could sit her and state over a million reasons (in theory) Why someone should by it, but. I can only give my personal opinion based on what I know. Not based on whether people have or do not have warranties or insurance or what will void either. I can only state for myself if I think the product looks good to me or doesn't. I will not try to discourage people from advertising or from giving me information on their products. Your statement of "
I think damage caused by water penetration is usually very easily detectable, so that even inexperienced users can recognize this in many cases.

It is also very unlikely that the aircraft accidentally gets caught in the rain. This happens intentionally or because of lack of experience and mindfulness.

For example, anyone who works professionally in the tropics with an aircraft or any camera knows the risks and uses proven hardware. There are almost always suitable equipment for special requirements, including official retrofit kits with functional guarantees."

Some "Professionals" may not have that sort of budget or may not be in the tropics. Not all of us have that sort of equipment. As per the Mavick being a Professional drone or not. Once again.. Opinion. Not fact. A Spark drone in the right hands can be a Professional tool.

Why is it wrong? They’re simply advertising their product.
It is completely wrong that the gimbal will "sometimes flip erratically when flying forward in the wind". And it has nothing to do with the product either.

They are dishonestly advertising their product by using unrelated, nonsensical arguments.

Reactions: kyle mavic and mnis
Looks like Coal suddenly decided to pay off a few shills rather than answer some simple questions people have been asking for months!

When you buy a product or are looking to buy and you email the company involved they are most likely to answer your questions with professionalism and common courtesy. This bloke, however, has done nothing but skirt around some really simple questions, like does it work?

Really these questions should be simple enough to answer, but no he won't answer, furthermore - he comes back with insults, hostility and just plain rudeness.

People have offered to review his product for free (after buying it themselves)

With all this in mind, you gotta start asking yourself - is this guy for real?

That's when you start digging deeper and find out some real shady stuff... (have a try yourself)

So no, we are not hating on him, or personally attacking him - we just wanted a couple of simple questions answered, like does it work?

But no, how dare you to ask me if my product works, how very dare you...

Again this isn't anything personal or mindless, I've personally said I would really like a product like this if it can be shown to work, but again it just falls on deaf ears...

Without these sort of open discussions and questions, a forum like this is pointless...

Last edited:
Reactions: mnis and Kilrah
Phantomrain is all about providing the tools you need to fly your Mavic 2 in Extreme Weather Conditions and the adventure and pictures you get can surprise you.

9 out of 10 people will never think about flying backwards in the rain or snow and yet there are some great benefits.

#1 it is the very best way to fly forward in the RAIN which will alllow you to capture some amazing shots without getting any water or snow on the lens:

Notice the shot below taken out of a 26 minute Torrential downpour , but yet you cannot see the rain. Video can be seen on the website: Phantomrain.org

This is nothing more than a 4K frame of video, as a camera might not have gotten the shot,
View attachment 61744

#2 When you are flying against the Heavy Winds , you may find you Camera flipping erratically causing the video to be ruined. so we suggest you fly backwards going forward so your video is likely to be smoother

Takes a little practice to get good at flying backwards but well worth it.

3# Similar to how the zoom allows you to skip editing and cropping to get the same effect it provides you with a different perspective to play with in a cinematic way.

Consider making your Mavic 2 Fearless:
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor
View attachment 61745

View attachment 61747
Thank you for the good information ... ignore the negative people, maybe their flights will always be boring ;-)

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Members have a right to question a product, if you don’t like the questions then read past them or skip them.
How about asking New questions, not the same questions over and over. All these questions have been answered. Some folks just want to argue. This mavic forum brings this up more than any other forum so must be a mavic thing. I know its hard to look thru the search, to find answers but perhaps it should be tried.

How about asking New questions, not the same questions over and over. All these questions have been answered. Some folks just want to argue. This mavic forum brings this up more than any other forum so must be a mavic thing. I know its hard to look thru the search, to find answers but perhaps it should be tried.

Show me the part where he answered this:

Does the drone get water inside when it's flying forwards?

It's surely an essential question for a product of this nature?

The reason I've asked this question is, I only see video's of the drone hovering in the rain.

Would be a great product if we know it works, so many uses in the professional field.

How about, you be the first person to give this product a review? would be greatly appreciated!

Show me the part where he answered this:

Does the drone get water inside when it's flying forwards?

It's surely an essential question for a product of this nature?

The reason I've asked this question is, I only see video's of the drone hovering in the rain.

Would be a great product if we know it works, so many uses in the professional field.

How about, you be the first person to give this product a review? would be greatly appreciated!
I rest my case you want someone else to do the work. I dont have a mavic, I kust look at this thread cause I cant buy this kinda entertainment on cable...that said , just look at all the videos, past posts, I really think your not someone who is interested in the product at this point. He has posted many times, email them with your concerns. Just saying I have no skin in this game, but not gonna let someone get beat up, cause of bias or closed minelds. Noit that long ago EVERYONE thought the world was flat...lmao...nuff said

I rest my case you want someone else to do the work. I dont have a mavic, I kust look at this thread cause I cant buy this kinda entertainment on cable...that said , just look at all the videos, past posts, I really think your not someone who is interested in the product at this point. He has posted many times, email them with your concerns. Just saying I have no skin in this game, but not gonna let someone get beat up, cause of bias or closed minelds. Noit that long ago EVERYONE thought the world was flat...lmao...nuff said

And fortunately people started questioning such nonsense... get where I am going... lmao.

Last edited:

Hmm, sounds fishy to me. Not got a Mavic, but still, browse this site?

Joined in June last year, but only 27 posts...

Come to think about it, your spelling is as bad as Coals.

Not saying you're the same person...
:rolleyes:

I summon thee @Thunderdrones to comment on this product

Been there done that...

Thunder already offered his expertise previously, unfortunately, his offer was rejected by the elusive ( Mod Removed )...

It went something like:

How dare you offer to review my product free of charge, how dare you suggest buying the product to undergo independent testing, how very dare you...

<Thread Locked>

2 weeks later, PhantomPain strikes again, advertising informing us about his amazing rubbish product, in his vain hope to inform the masses.

As long as nobody asks such ridiculous questions such as:

--Does it work?
--Does it let rain in?
--Will you offer any guarantees your product works?
--Can I move forward/backward in the rain?

Questions you're allowed to ask:

--Why is the sky blue?
--How come you press harder on a remote control when you know the battery is dead?
--Why is an electrical outlet called an outlet when you plug things into it?
--If money doesn’t grow on trees then why do banks have branches?
--What’s the meaning of life?

Cue
<Thread Locked>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kyle mavic and mnis
A pity, it means wait and maybe someday read reviews on Amazon. There are actually wet suits on Amazon, but unfortunately only for the Phantom's

A pity, it means wait and maybe someday read reviews on Amazon. There are actually wet suits on Amazon, but unfortunately only for the Phantom's
mavics design uses active cooling - it means it has inlet air ducts to suck in colder air from the outside, push it through the heatsink and move heat out via outlet ducts. so, if you fly slow with outlet ducts facing the wind - you get less water in. but you will still get some.
so, from both engineering perspective and also generic common sense one should realize that you will get some amount of moisture inside of the aircraft if you keep those ducts open in the rain, no matter which way you fly or how you position them. if you close them, your central cpu board will overheat.

any protective coat will help to a degree (may be) but it does not turn a non-waterproofed design into a submarine. so, just have a realistic expectations, that`s all.

Maybe it's just not smart to promote your own new products in the form of a kind of experience report. You probably know it yourself, because some forms of advertising are certainly intrusive and undesirable to you.

Advertising is basically paid by us, because the budget for this is in already sold products. With our interest and the purchase decision, we determine the success or failure of any company.

I think that such controversial discussions would not arise at all, if this would have been only an advertising banner or other form of advertising. Any unpleasant questions and objections would initially concern only the (perhaps) existing customer support.

In the long run, no vendor can prevent products from being reviewed. Who has doubts about the suitability of a product should wait with patience. That's what I'm going to do...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair