DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Philadelphia vlogger Faces fines of $200,000

I will need to wait for a turnover in "management."
This will soon change The AMA is very much concerned with Every drone pilots Safety and they will be more than happy to see you before too long!
EDIT: MY spell check must have changed the words "Your membership Dollars" With "Every drone pilots safety" -Sorry for the confusion.

OK members Here is the man himself.

I post this in interest of fairness to Mickey and Let me state that these are Mickeys and Doug's (Botgrinder) opinions and I will just say I agree with and also Disagree with some of the points made in the video BUT at least now we have ALL sides. Let's all hope that Mickey gets this sorted..... As well as the FAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: mavic3usa
OK members Here is the man himself.

I post this in interest of fairness to Mickey and Let me state that these are Mickeys and Doug's (Botgrinder) opinions and I will just say I agree with and also Disagree with some of the points made in the video BUT at least now we have ALL sides. Let's all hope that Mickey gets this sorted..... As well as the FAA.
If what he says is true about answering each letter the FAA sent and that he didn't ghost them for 5 years, then I can go along with the fines being sort of outrageous. But, that's not saying he didn't do anything illegal. He admits to flying BVLOS when he does range tests. Just having a light on the drone isn't enough. I think he also admits not having a P107 and yet gets paid for his YouTube videos. If I am wrong about that, I must have misunderstood him. Still... some of his videos show blatant disregard for any regulations and laws, some even safety... like flying into his leg at full speed with an FPV drone. Flying higher than 400 ft at times, BVLOS without waiver, etc Granted, he is out there to entertain with his antics, probably does have some good piloting skills, just lacks the common sense to follow the rules and still be able to entertain and enjoy his hobby.

Reactions: Cafguy
If what he says is true about answering each letter the FAA sent and that he didn't ghost them for 5 years, then I can go along with the fines being sort of outrageous. But, that's not saying he didn't do anything illegal. He admits to flying BVLOS when he does range tests. Just having a light on the drone isn't enough. I think he also admits not having a P107 and yet gets paid for his YouTube videos. If I am wrong about that, I must have misunderstood him. Still... some of his videos show blatant disregard for any regulations and laws, some even safety... like flying into his leg at full speed with an FPV drone. Flying higher than 400 ft at times, BVLOS without waiver, etc Granted, he is out there to entertain with his antics, probably does have some good piloting skills, just lacks the common sense to follow the rules and still be able to entertain and enjoy his hobby.
I do NOT condone every one of his Actions just granting him his position on the subject. As far as some of what they are trying to fine him for- SOME of them are sort of ridiculous and the Amounts should Scare the heck out of us all. Granted He was doing this for a YouTube channel and of course when you post a video of you flying you are going to get scrutinized by every Karen that watches it. They will of course scream to the FAA and like the man states Pester the Heck out of the FAA until they finally do something. This does not mean that you should not report reckless videos to the FAA and I am not calling those that do Karens We all have a DUTY to report reckless flying.
Once again I would in NO WAY try on purpose to break the law- I would advise ANY drone pilot to follow the same rule. If I fly in that manner maybe I will be able to fly my whoops around the same park you are enjoying and not have to have you worry about me killing lol You or a loved one AND I won't have to worry about some deranged person with an agenda coming up to me in a threatening manner because I am trying to enjoy A HOBBY.

Last edited:
I do NOT condone every one of his Actions just granting him his position on the subject. As far as some of what they are trying to fine him for- SOME of them are sort of ridiculous and the Amounts should Scare the heck out of us all. Granted He was doing this for a YouTube channel and of course when you post a video of you flying you are going to get scrutinized by every Karen that watches it. They will of course scream to the FAA and like the man states Pester the Heck out of the FAA until they finally do something. This does not mean that you should not report reckless videos to the FAA and I am not calling those that do Karens We all have a DUTY to report reckless flying.
Once again I would in NO WAY try on purpose to break the law- I would advise ANY drone pilot to follow the same rule. If I fly in that manner maybe I will be able to fly my whoops around the same park you are enjoying and not have to have you worry about me killing lol You or a loved one AND I won't have to worry about some deranged person with an agenda coming up to me in a threatening manner because I am trying to enjoy A HOBBY.
Welcome to my world. Last several flights I have made (actually every locally flight made since last year), wearing a FAA pilot safety jacket and plenty of documentation plus offering to call police on non emergency line, I’ve had a deranged persons with a ‘woke’ agenda coming up to me in a threatening manner just because I want to enjoy a HOBBY within legal limits and following ALL FAA rules. It’s YouTube. Videos like what this guy makes plus what the deranged politicians make against drones in general that I attribute to all this insanity. That’s why now I travel 20-30 miles out of town to an area of no mans land to fly. None of this attitude existed 5 -10 years ago. Most people then were genuinely interested in what was happening.
Then the southern invasion happened

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy and Torque
When I work with my camera Drone I usually have No problems and I make myself funny obvious to those around me. BUT If I go to the park with my FPV Buddies for recreation, and throw on my Goggles- All of a sudden I am a Threatening-Criminal, Pot Smoking Hooligan, (as seen on tv), Out to knock you out with my drone Or steal your most intimate moments to show the whole world.
Its really Funny how it works and some of the same police officers that I see from time to time at work have stopped us at the park only to realize it is me when the Fat Sharks come off. The Drones we fly at the Park weigh less than 80 grams for gosh sake! I slap myself in the head all the time with them, and a blade of grass will stop the props just ask me how many times I have hit Turtle Mode only to be stopped dead by unkempt grass.

Reactions: Torque
When I work with my camera Drone I usually have No problems and I make myself funny obvious to those around me. BUT If I go to the park with my FPV Buddies for recreation, and throw on my Goggles- All of a sudden I am a Threatening-Criminal, Pot Smoking Hooligan, (as seen on tv), Out to knock you out with my drone Or steal your most intimate moments to show the whole world.
Its really Funny how it works and some of the same police officers that I see from time to time at work have stopped us at the park only to realize it is me when the Fat Sharks come off. The Drones we fly at the Park weigh less than 80 grams for gosh sake! I slap myself in the head all the time with them, and a blade of grass will stop the props just ask me how many times I have hit Turtle Mode only to be stopped dead by unkempt grass.
So far, in East Texas, I have yet to have a Karen encounter. Just a couple of weekends ago, I met two more people that were fascinated by my drone and wanted to know more about the "hobby". I also have a neck pouch that "conspicuously" shows my TRUST Certificate. I fly VLOS, but I also agree that the rules could/should be loosened up in this area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga