DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone charge slide button

360 Guy

Reactions
I might be missing something, but every time I intend to fly I must remember to turn the charge phone button to "on".
Is there a way to keep it on?
I don't see a save button.

TIA

I don't get it... Why use up the battery in the controller to charge your phone?

I use GO 4 and an Android phone, and would like to have a way to turn phone charging OFF!

I don't get it... Why use up the battery in the controller to charge your phone?

I use GO 4 and an Android phone, and would like to have a way to turn phone charging OFF!

I only have four batteries for my MM2. They give me a little less than 1.5 hrs of flying. Flying and keeping my phone charged only uses about 1/2 of the RC battery. I use my phone all day long and don't charge it until bed time.

Reactions: umanbean
I only have four batteries for my MM2. They give me a little less than 1.5 hrs of flying. Flying and keeping my phone charged only uses about 1/2 of the RC battery. I use my phone all day long and don't charge it until bed time.
I see... I have four batteries too and my old RC won't reliably last that long. I'd rather have my phone die prematurely than my RC. :)

My phone has 'fast charging' and I have chargers in my truck, cars, golf carts, and work van...

If it only annoys two of us, it doesn't merit much concern from DJI.
If we're counting, it annoys me, too. With my MA2, the controller has far more battery capacity than my phone. And having the controller keep the phone topped off means one less thing to worry about or limit flight. I'd like to set the software just once to charge the phone, and have this setting remain persistent.

I recognize that the word "protest" was used jokingly. Rather, if enough of us send polite, constructive requests for this feature to DJI, it might well get added to the list of features for the software team to add. I've been on the inside of companies that took this sort of feedback seriously. Also, I doubt that a "persistent on" setting for this feature would involve much work.

--Jub.

There is a DJI forum. I have looked and don't see a thread for this problem. I can start a new thread there. The thread is in the Apps> DJI FLY section. Here is the link to my thread.

ETA: That was quick. I aready got a response from a moderator: "Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00