DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone discharging remote

Maniacal

Reactions
Does anyone know how to stop a smart phone from discharging the remote's battery when connected. Using an LG G5 with Android 7.0. MPP firmware is current. I've tried every USB connection option on the phone but it always defaults back to "charge" and drains the remote.

Does anyone know how to stop a smart phone from discharging the remote's battery when connected. Using an LG G5 with Android 7.0. MPP firmware is current. I've tried every USB connection option on the phone but it always defaults back to "charge" and drains the remote.
Howdy from Wyoming @Maniacal , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. I do not think a reliable solution to that problem has been found.

Charge the phone before you fly would be the easy option.
BUT I have read there is some sort of phone cable mod you can do to stop this. Being an Android user, you should be comfortable with modifications! :D

(Joking!)

Reactions: Odom1957
I have used normal USB cables and OTG cables and several apps supposed to stop the phone charging but the problem is still there.

DJI should upgrade its firmware to avoid it.

There is no way around it without rooting. At least I haven't found one. The good news is, rooting the phone is super easy and takes all of 5 min.

Or...charge the phone prior to flying.

There is no way around it without rooting. At least I haven't found one. The good news is, rooting the phone is super easy and takes all of 5 min.

Or...charge the phone prior to flying.
My phone is rooted but still has the same problem

Just rooting the phone doesn't solve the issue. You have to change the software to allow for the no charge option. There are apps that can do it, but that is just another thing to run in the background. I prefer to do it in the OS.

My RC also charges my tablet, but I have always been able to fly three MP batteries with plenty of RC battery power left. Just have everything fully charged before flying and you should be OK.

If you have the battery to USB converter from the fly more package and are not using the side port on the RC, you can plug in a mostly drained Mavic battery to get more time.

I only just purchased MPP combo yesterday and managed to get one flight in on same day, I also noticed that using a Samsung galaxy s7edge the phone was getting very hot and the the rc controller battery was discharging very quick, the phone stayed at 100% charge during that flight, that evening I checked online for answers but did not find out anything definitive regarding this issue.

But today I charged everything up the exactly same apart from the controller which when it said 100% charge I left it connected to the charger for about another approx 45 minutes to a 1 hour, so this was its second charge from new, I flew two flight batterys today and noticed strangely the phone was not getting hot like last time and the phone was not showing 100% charged it had lost about 10% of the battery, I also noticed the rc controller had not discharge quickly like the day before.

Strange nothing has changed apart from charging the rc controller battery differently, I have recharged the same this evening for a couple of flights tomorrow hopefully I will get the same results.

My firmware & software are all up to date latest updates.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS