DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone Required to Fly

BobRabies

Reactions
I have a Galaxy A01 which I don't believe supports the DJI Fly app. Does anyone know what phones are available that don't cost as much as the drone but will support it?

I have excellent results from a prepaid Moto G Power(2020 version). I picked up that phone up for $120 new. Keep in mind I use the phone only for the Fly app, I don't use it as a phone. So I don't know what kind of phone it is, but works well as a screen for the app.

I been able to use a Motorola G7 Power with it, though had the best results making sure to turn off the video cache function.

Even better results with the Samsung A71 5G I have now (as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6), as they have 6GB and 8GB respectively (the Moto G7 Power has 3GB, which seems to be limit line for the fly app).

The Chart EagleSurf posted is nice, it lists the newer Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, but not the much more powerful older S6. Nor does it have any of the newer Motorola G7 variants listed.

Yes

I did not see the Moto G Power on the list either, While it only has 4GB/64GB, it runs the app well. No issues seen so far.
The G7 Power is 3GB/32G, the G7 (ie: not Power or Play) is the one that's a little more ram, but less battery.

The 3GB threshold seems to be where the difference is made, with 4GB being ideal.

Reactions: DJayI
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine