DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo and footage can't share to socail media if I do not have a remote pilot certificate

You need to check with other FAA people, you were told wrong. I have a video on social media and I still own the rights to the video. I make money selling permission for others to use the video. The video is managed by Jukin Media for me.

You need to check with other FAA people, you were told wrong. I have a video on social media and I still own the rights to the video. I make money selling permission for others to use the video. The video is managed by Jukin Media for me.
Keep in mind you're replying to a thread that's almost 2 years old.

Exactly why I took the test. I have a website and share images and videos to inspire people to care about nature. Figured I would err on the side of caution and take the test. But then my state has an online exam and permit and then liability insurance.....the costs go up considerably just doing something you love and love to share.
Wait! What!?! Your state requires a test to fly your drone and a permit???!!! That can't possibly be legal. I thought ONLY the FAA can mandate such things as only they control the airways. Here in Texas a court just through out a law restricting where drones can fly. The law also said you had to have permission from the owner of any property you flew over, to fly over that property...house, business, etc. Basically, the court said only the FAA controls the airways, the state cannot.

Wait! What!?! Your state requires a test to fly your drone and a permit???!!! That can't possibly be legal. I thought ONLY the FAA can mandate such things as only they control the airways. Here in Texas a court just through out a law restricting where drones can fly. The law also said you had to have permission from the owner of any property you flew over, to fly over that property...house, business, etc. Basically, the court said only the FAA controls the airways, the state cannot.

This isn't a new issue and the FAA does allow states to have rules but they can't be different than FAA's rules. Basically if the state does this they are making it to where they can also enforce the rules at the state level.

I live in NC and we have an online test and permit (Free) and the FAA has even openly endorsed this action in a previous webinar.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661