DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo from Asteroid mode

There is probably a better way but I simply took a screen shot on my PC.
I paused the video & used snip tool to save it (snipping tool is built into Windows)
Like I say there is probably a better way but I haven't looked into it but no doubt someone will let you know.

There is probably a better way but I simply took a screen shot on my PC.
I paused the video & used snip tool to save it (snipping tool is built into Windows)
Like I say there is probably a better way but I haven't looked into it but no doubt someone will let you know.
There are also tools in some (most) video editors have a feature to grab a single frame from a video. Also VLC video player has a snapshot/camera feature where you can grab a single PNG of video.

So just a screen grab :-(
If you want a decent Sphere you'll need to stop the Asteroid Quickshop before it comes down and shoot a Photo Sphere.

There are also tools in some (most) video editors have a feature to grab a single frame from a video. Also VLC video player has a snapshot/camera feature where you can grab a single PNG of video.

Did that - in Premiere Elements 14. Got a 5MP file. After 80% it got really pixilated. So max print size about A4.
May be the next upgrade shoots RAW instead of jpg. Or gives you the choice.

5MP ? Anyway the problem is not the JPG format it's the fact that QS Asteroid doesn't save separate files for the pano pics that you can stitch later on your computer.

Considering that asteroid mode is a video thing, I wonder if the algorithm is switching back and forth between video and still photo as it 'looks around' at the top of it's climb... Or, does it stay in video mode and just use frame grabs from the video it's recording?

Given that the Asteroid 'quick shot' selection defaults to 1080P, I'm guessing that unlike the pano modes in still shots, it just uses frame grabs from the video to construct the asteroid...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan