DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo storage on phone

Hiwayman

Reactions
Today after I finished flying, I find that only about 25% of the stills I took have been saved onto my android phone. All images are on the SD card in the bird, so no lost pictures, but why would only a handful save onto the phone? All were HDR images.
The phones SD card is not short of space. Is there a setting somewhere that limits the DJI album size?

Reactions: Thomas B and Porky
Having just checked, I see the saved images were the first few I took, suggesting it got 'full' . I have upped the video cache capacity and will remove some images from the phone before I fly again.

Let us know if it worked for you;)

All pictures recorded successfully this evening after deleting some images from my gallery and increasing the video storage space.

Great news, remember though, the photos that are recorded on your phone are cache files so they will be small. If you want to do anything with them in post I would recommend using the files (photos) from your memory card;)

Reactions: Thomas B
I have mavic 1 not 2 but also get this problem on Android phone. Seems to be a bit random whether it copies the photos or not.

The setting listed above I thought was only applicable to the cache of the video feed from the Mavic. I don't think it affects what happens to the stills.

Also check “Auto sync HD photo” make sure this is turned on ;)

A3AB9FA7-2C8E-46EC-B9FE-4C8C424A34F2.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar