DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

photogrammetry Mavic Mini

jtdronfly

Reactions
test with flights with automatic photos at 3 seconds manually processed food in pix4d

prueba con vuelos con fotos automaticas a 3 segundos de modo manual comida procesada en pix4d

ortomosaico dji mavic mini.jpeg
mavic mini pix4d.jpeg
civil 3d dji mavic mini.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Senior_Sueveyor
Nice.
Another example: Mavic mini, manual shot, 38 pictures, processed with OpenDroneMap (free), no ground control points.

Very good results, including geo-referencing (just with GPS information from DJI camera), look how the orthophoto patch fits with Google Maps...
Amazing. No need to use costly solutions!Melon3D.JPG
MelonOrthophoto+Googlemaps.JPG

Absolutely amazing and interesting stuff... thanks for sharing and for letting us know of the opportunity a drone like the Mavic Mini enable us to exploit.

Very Good.

This is awesome. Are there any tutorials on how to do this? It would be very helpful for my job to be able to take pictures and stitch them together, especially if I can pull dimensions off them.

This is awesome. Are there any tutorials on how to do this? It would be very helpful for my job to be able to take pictures and stitch them together, especially if I can pull dimensions off them.
Then use one of the mapping apps like DroneDeploy and any of the DJI drones that are supported (the Mini isn't).

Maps Made Easy will stitch for free (up to a certain number of photos). I usually use ODM, as I often have 1000+ photos. Difficult to setup though. Processing times can be 24 hours. Im an engineer and land surveyor. Without gcp’s, the stitched image doesn’t geolocate too good, as I’m used to very accurate images and survey data. If you get under 10 feet, you’re doing pretty good. In my business, we need better than that. I haven’t tried pix4d.

Reactions: Flypic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf