DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photographer shoots Gigapixel image of Burning Man festival with Mavic 3

If only he had used the publicity to tell DJI that waypoints or the SDK would have made it much easier. People are going to see that 2.5 hours and think "no way I want to focus that long".

Otherwise, he did a great job in my mind. I don't get the point of Burning Man, but the pics are good.

Reactions: ericole
If only he had used the publicity to tell DJI that waypoints or the SDK would have made it much easier. People are going to see that 2.5 hours and think "no way I want to focus that long".

Otherwise, he did a great job in my mind. I don't get the point of Burning Man, but the pics are good.
It's proof that his determination and dedication can overcome the lack of waypoints and the SDK. It eliminates most of the competition! Some are out doing it, while the rest are complaining that it isn't easy enough! LOL!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
As I recall, he said 400 feet. Might have used the wide angle adapter, giving the appearance of higher up?

Quite probable actually that putting together all the small images just made it look higher too.
I did zoom in, and the images looked a bit fuzzy, but can likely attribute that to the heat and ahmospherics of the location.
I didn’t see any reference to 400’ anywhere, but not on other social media so didn’t check his insta page.

Reactions: Coskier
Quite probable actually that putting together all the small images just made it look higher too.
I did zoom in, and the images looked a bit fuzzy, but can likely attribute that to the heat and ahmospherics of the location.
I didn’t see any reference to 400’ anywhere, but not on other social media so didn’t check his insta page.
On his insta page, containing lots of other images, he made multiple references to how he shot the images legally, including not exceeding 400 feet in height, and staying more than 200 feet away from the Burning Man, and not flying over people. He even pulled some images temporarily because the 7x telephoto made it look closer than was allowed to the Burning Man, so as not to encourage prohibited drones flights by others during the event. He also had full permission of the event sponsors for whom the gigapano was shot, to monitor the growth of the "city" during the arrivals.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman