DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos for a realtor friend

Laws have not been broken, or at at least none that I’m aware of.

The person was asking for an opinion, not a decision or a ruling from an indisputable authority. That’s why it’s called a forum as that’s how I WOULD approach this for a friend. Having said that, I can’t speak to the real estate side of this favor or the closeness of the relationship.

You unambiguously encouraged him to break the law. If you are unaware of that then stop posting on this subject, because you obviously know nothing about it.

Reactions: RogerDH
You unambiguously encouraged him to break the law. If you are unaware of that then stop posting on this subject, because you obviously know nothing about it.
No, you’re over reacting and expanding a simple personal opinion to an inevitable violation of federal law. This is so so silly. My best to you and yours my friend.

No, you’re over reacting and expanding a simple personal opinion to an inevitable violation of federal law. This is so so silly. My best to you and yours my friend.

So you weren't encouraging him to break the law? Perhaps you could just clear up that point rather than trying to obfuscate your way out of your initial post.

No I don’t see it as breaking any law - Period. That is my interpretation of what I would do And I feel quite defensible in that stance - an opinion only. He’s no doubt a big boy and can choose to take or disregard any response, your included, on this open access, public site for the exchange of ideas and personal knowledge.

Where’s your photo?

No I don’t see it as breaking any law - Period. That is my interpretation of what I would do And I feel quite defensible in that stance - an opinion only. He’s no doubt a big boy and can choose to take or disregard any response, your included, on this open access, public site for the exchange of ideas and personal knowledge.

Where’s your photo?

Okay - so you simply don't understand the law. I'd suggest that you read it, but I suspect that would be futile.

No I don’t see it as breaking any law - Period. That is my interpretation of what I would do And I feel quite defensible in that stance - an opinion only.

But the problem here is that your "opinion" is misinformed and people who know are trying to tell you this, so you won't make that mistake again, or worse, violate the law yourself.

Here is the Federal US Code:

49 U.S. Code § 46306

(b)General Criminal Penalty.—Except as provided by subsection (c) of this section, a person shall be fined under title 18, imprisoned for not more than 3 years, or both, if the person

(7) knowingly and willfully serves or attempts to serve in any capacity as an airman without an airman’s certificate authorizing the individual to serve in that capacity;
(8) knowingly and willfully employs for service or uses in any capacity as an airman an individual who does not have an airman’s certificate authorizing the individual to serve in that capacity

(7) Applies to the illegal Drone Pilot
(8) Applies to the person who hired the Drone Pilot

Here's a link to the law: 49 U.S. Code § 46306 Read it for yourself.

Kyle76, you could always write to the FAA, explain the situation, ask your questions and possibly get the answers straight from the horse's mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, he was asking for an opinion based from someone who MIGHT have greater knowledge than he: an opinion. There are no judicial level authorities on this site so far as I know. If so, it is not a forum.

Anonymous????? My name and a current and fully identifiable headshot is tagged to every post, is yours?

Yes VERY anonymous. If you think your screen name and a mugshot count as credible identification you may not fully understand the internet and forums in general.

It's definitely a forum and as a whole all of us try to give solid advice but occasionally someone comes along who intentionally gives horrible advice. Then this happens those who are a bit more in-the-know will step in and at least try to correct the horrible advice. Case in point what many of us are trying to do with your post.

Does a licensed drone pilot’s craft have to be registered, regardless of weight?

As stated already YES if used for Commercial work and since you're in North Carolina you also have to have the NC DOT Aviation Div Commercial Drone Operations Permit (easy and FREE btw).

Commercial sUAS Work in North Carolina: Part 107, FAA Registration, NC DOT Permit.

Reactions: Kyle76
I passed the Part 107 this morning, registered the Mini, attached registration numbers to the craft, made my application for FAA license and will acquire state license when I have an FAA number for the application.

Congrats on your test :)

Reactions: Kyle76
I passed the Part 107 this morning, registered the Mini, attached registration numbers to the craft, made my application for FAA license and will acquire state license when I have an FAA number for the application.
Wow, that was fast -- you just started this thread last Friday! Congrats. I'm thinking of getting certified myself, just to have in my pocket if I get hassled about flying anywhere, and so it's never an issue if I want to do something that's "non-recreational" (like inspect my own roof). Earlier this year, I watched about an hour-and-a-half of YouTube videos and scored a 75 on a sample test, so it's really not that hard.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d