DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 [Photos] Kanyaka Station Ruin

Yeh, you’re right. A UHD clip downsized to 1080p looks real nice. I think they’ve struck a nice balance with cameras that do some in-camera sharpening to achieve a nice image without the need for post processing. I’d prefer of course the option for more neutral color, less sharpening, contrast and saturation, but I truly love the MA2. I’m anxious to experiment more with the FPV gimbal mode.
That was something I failed to think about! I do tend to look from my own use-case point of view at times! ?

The end market of users that have no want or need to edit their footage is a huge proportion of buyers of this little bird. In this regards, the H264 & H265 footage is really good for them to just share straight out of camera!

That was something I failed to think about! I do tend to look from my own use-case point of view at times! ?

The end market of users that have no want or need to edit their footage is a huge proportion of buyers of this little bird. In this regards, the H264 & H265 footage is really good for them to just share straight out of camera!
So true, DJI likely tries to seek a balance point. Actually, I’ve yet to edit the footage from last weekend’s flights with the MA2. I only exported some stills from Resolve. Issues with over-sharpening would be very apparent with movement in the same way noise would, particularly in solid color and gradient areas like the sky. I think they’ve figured out how to sharpen the detail areas without affecting the sky just as you would with the threshold slider in LR. I’ll export some clips today and see how it looks.

Reactions: Alexander Of Oz
I had the opportunity to visit this famous sheep station just above Quorn in South Australia and its stone buildings last week whilst in the area. here are some images captured with my Mavic Air 2, using the 48MP capture with a graduated Freewell ND filter to subdue the sky.

Kanyaka Station (Wikipedia)

[Edited the images to compensate for the graduated ND filter left on and to subdue the excessively blue sky, that'll teach me to try editing on an old iPad while on the road!]

View attachment 113662

View attachment 113674

View attachment 113663

View attachment 113664

View attachment 113665

View attachment 113666

View attachment 113666

View attachment 113667

View attachment 113668

View attachment 113669

View attachment 113670

View attachment 113671