DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Photoshop HDR and Mavic AIR2S - Disappointing results

Cullen

Reactions
I recently upgraded from the Air2 to the Air2S and I have only gotten two flights in. While the verdict is still not in I would like some input from other people that process their images in photoshop raw. I typically have been shooting in AEB mode and processing the photos in Photoshop HDR. With the air2s I have seen more blown out and weird areas that I can't work through. I think these raw images have been heavily processed in raw format.

I will post a few images that I took on a sunny morning with AEB mode. I then used the photoshop merge to HDR PRO and clicked AUTO. that's it. If you zoom in you will see the lots of color noise and blown out shadows/highlights.

with the air2 I never had so much blotchy weird noise and things that were irreversible in photoshop. I think I like my images more raw and not stepped on.

Should I return my air2s for a refund and wait for the Mavic 3?

Attachments

• HDR3.jpg
    HDR3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
  • HDR4.jpg
    HDR4.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • HDR5.jpg
    HDR5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
  • HDR8.jpg
    HDR8.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: Vapor069 and sikspy
Pretty ugly.

What do the original raw dng images look like in PS? Are they as ratty as the final hdr builds? It almost looks like bits are being clipped in the original images.

Did you save jpegs along with the dngs? Do the jpegs look okay by themselves? What if you stack the jpegs - any improvement over the dngs?

I'm thinking perhaps the camera raw profile for the DJI 2s camera is flakey?

Although - there is this:

Reactions: merak75
Looks like there's something weird in the post processing going on. That posterization on the walls of the buildings in HDR3 and HDR4 doesn't look right. What does that area look like in the original photos?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada