DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photoshop, Lightroom $10 plan price to double? Maybe, we're testing it, says Adobe

Now I think that’s a joke, doubling the amount? I use Lr cc for the iPad which I pay about £4.50 a month, I was also going to subscribe to the desktop version. I think I’ll start looking for an alternative editing program if they do stick with that price?

luckily i only have to pay about $20 a year. Doubling a monthly subscription isnt going to win with the user base

My plan just went up by 12 dollars starting this month, I have the complete subscription package. So seeing an increase in the photography plan, would not surprise me.

For those looking for a Lightroom alternative...try Luminar 3.1 by Skylum software. I use it as a plug in to photoshop, but it does have cataloguing and RAW editing capabilities. And the AI filter is awesome.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
I have been using Lightroom for years and Adobe have been increasing their rental fees at an alarming rate since stopping the option to purchase their software. Try Capture One

I use a product called Lightzone, it is opensource and it is Lightroom like. I used Lightroom for years, but I don't make any money at this, I just take a lot of photos in the mountains. I am hoping to add drone photos and video to that. I have been using Lightzone since I found it as a alternative to Lightroom. I am not pushing it, it has an interface like Lightroom so the transition is not hard. When you do a google or bing search is it is one of the first links for me. Then I do a lot of they type of searching the site is lightzoneproject.org. Hope that helps.

I read about the increase the other day, will be keeping an eye on my subscription. At the moment with how much I use Lightroom / Photoshop I can just about justify the subscription, if it doubles I am going to have a hard time keeping it and may then look into Linux alternatives (since Adobe seem to be ignoring it). I do really like using LR / PS though and would not be happy to lose them, I have tried a couple alternatives and they are just not quite as good. Wish Adobe offered an outright purchase option. I don't need the latest and greatest, so if in 2 years my copy was slightly outdated I would not care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000