DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No,, he is a lagit pilot like most of us that follow the rules.
You being a young pilot must know that having fun with your aircraft has it's limitations and consequences. Don't get yourself in trouble by posting videos of this type. Although the innovation is cool, I would look into the rules to be sure what is safe or not. Follow the laws!
DM..
What law did he break exactly? Can you cite the statute, code, or rule?

Reactions: Winiwinston
No,, he is a lagit pilot like most of us that follow the rules.
You being a young pilot must know that having fun with your aircraft has it's limitations and consequences. Don't get yourself in trouble by posting videos of this type. Although the innovation is cool, I would look into the rules to be sure what is safe or not. Follow the laws!
DM..
Well i tried to be as safe as i could but still make a good video.

Can you get the txt from your tablet or phone and upload here? That will prove if it was real or not. I find it hard to believe you could do that from 1 mile away since you need LOS to the drone to control it.
Im guessing your talking about the flight logs?

Actually, the FAA is looking at relaxing restrictions.. But if this type of thing keeps happening (with two clear violations that I could see), pressure could mount on them to keep the restrictions in place - or augment them.

Perhaps no one likes the drone police, but the lack of them is likely why we can't fly in National Parks and (in my case) most State and local parks - and why municipalities are drawing up even more draconian laws.

Actually, the FAA is looking at relaxing restrictions.. But if this type of thing keeps happening (with two clear violations that I could see), pressure could mount on them to keep the restrictions in place - or augment them.

Perhaps no one likes the drone police, but the lack of them is likely why we can't fly in National Parks and (in my case) most State and local parks - and why municipalities are drawing up even more draconian laws.
The FAA can't create or relax any restrictions in regards to hobbyist flight.

No they'll do that regardless. That's how government works. If they need to they'll even fake an incident or create a false flag to do what they want.

Spot on brother... Anyone remember the .gov employee that crashed his Phantom into the White House wall? No charges.

Yes that's the one code you broke.

I did. Other than the above he broke no other regulation or rule.

This is a part 107 rule, so it is only a restriction on commercial uas flight, not hobbyist.

14 CFR Part 101.41(b):

"The aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;"

Which set of safety guidelines were followed? I am quite unaware of any that permit overflight of people. Most, like AMA, say that the pilot SHALL AVOID overflight.

...Perhaps no one likes the drone police, but the lack of them is likely why we can't fly in National Parks and (in my case) most State and local parks - and why municipalities are drawing up even more draconian laws.

I think that's a pretty naive statement. I would proffer that even if there wasn't a single instance of reckless flying, no scary news stories, no videos of people bringing fast food home with their drones, you'd still have .gov restricting civilian use of this technology. If it's not safety, it'll be privacy. If it's not privacy, it'll be for the sanity of wildlife. If not for wildlife, it'll be for protecting our historic landmarks. If it's not for that, it'll be to prevent pedophiles from observing your kids. I'm just waiting for some politician to pull out the old, "If it saves only one child" card, and then I'll know it's time to sell my gear.

Beat on reckless fliers. Encourage them to obey all the rules. But I guarantee you one thing - even if you could somehow miraculously get 100% compliance - it will not change the direction .gov is taking.

The ONLY way we will slow their progress towards an outright ban (let alone reverse it), is if we had a well-funded lobby that could leverage the kid of influence (bribes) that lobbying firms dole out. And that ain't gonna happen...

Well i tried to be as safe as i could but still make a good video.
Granted and cool edit! But the rules still apply.
You still haven't prooved that your video is lagit!
You know you had fun doing it, but what's behind the scenes?
Give in! It's ok. The votes prove this unless you can prove otherwise!:rolleyes:

14 CFR Part 101.41(b):

"The aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization;"

Which set of safety guidelines were followed? I am quite unaware of any that permit overflight of people. Most, like AMA, say that the pilot SHALL AVOID overflight.
There are such that do not. I'm not the OP but rather than assume, how about you ask?

I break that rule on every flight. I didn't buy this thing to hover over my property. I bought it to cruise around at 300 feet up and 3000 feet out.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
exactly, as long as you stay 120+ft up you'll be fine,
Mavic's technology makes it almost impossible for accidents if your being careful

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silfumus