DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Picture of a snowy town facing the sunset

mattitech07

Reactions
I know I've already made a thread about pictures taken in this town. But today I've found another photo and thought it was worth to take the time and edit and publish it.

This photo was shot facing the sunset, which gave it a magical look, but made it more challenging to edit and get a good balance of colors,shadows ecc... since I didn't want the town to be dark or the sunset overexposed. What do you think about it?

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230121_172952_664_1674322939766_photo (3).jpg
    dji_fly_20230121_172952_664_1674322939766_photo (3).jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 117
Something bothered me as I looked at it, and it took me a minute to realize what it was. Why are the buildings almost all well lit with exterior lights, but there are almost no interior lights visible? It’s strange.

Reactions: mattitech07
I know I've already made a thread about pictures taken in this town. But today I've found another photo and thought it was worth to take the time and edit and publish it.

This photo was shot facing the sunset, which gave it a magical look, but made it more challenging to edit and get a good balance of colors,shadows ecc... since I didn't want the town to be dark or the sunset overexposed. What do you think about it?
I like the town shot. Did you record what kind of exposure you used with your M2P?

Reactions: mattitech07
That is an interesting shot.

Something bothered me as I looked at it, and it took me a minute to realize what it was. Why are the buildings almost all well lit with exterior lights, but there are almost no interior lights visible? It’s strange.

I read your post and went for a look at that.
Only a few lights in many of those building windows.
Makes me wonder, Italy (if that's where it was taken, IT in the OPs location) has many villages that are almost abandoned.
This might be one with such an area.

That is an interesting shot.

I read your post and went for a look at that.
Only a few lights in many of those building windows.
Makes me wonder, Italy (if that's where it was taken, IT in the OPs location) has many villages that are almost abandoned.
This might be one with such an area.
Agreed, the somewhat haphazard layout reminded me of San Gimignano without the towers. But there are too many cars to consider it almost abandoned.

I live in Italy and I can say from my personal experience that there are many small villages, mainly in mountainous and hilly areas, they are not abandoned but they have a small number of inhabitants.

The village in the photo is Rocca Massima, it has approximately 1067 inhabitants, and it is situated in the province of Latina in Lazio. It is at 735 meters above sea level and it is the highest village in the province.

I lived in Castel Vulturno, Italy (north of Naples, along the coast), when I was assigned to NATO Headquarters. Our Villa, as well as all the other villas in our area had shutters on the windows and doors and if you look closely at the doors and windows that are in the snippet below, you will notice that those that have lights on have their shutters open. As for the rest, well it's winter, it's cold, they probably shut the shutters to keep the warmth in and the cold out…

shuttersw.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N