DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Piece of CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Specific? how much more do you need?- i can get the drone and rc to connect, but not the software, have tried 2 brand new pixel phones, and 2 iphones, software has been updated with firmware, followed all written instructions etc. shouldn't be this difficult

Specific? how much more do you need?- i can get the drone and rc to connect, but not the software, have tried 2 brand new pixel phones, and 2 iphones, software has been updated with firmware, followed all written instructions etc. shouldn't be this difficult

You installed firmware without being able to connect the display device? That must have been difficult.

You turn on the Mavic and then the controlled. The controller connects to the Mavic. You then plus in the phone. Do you get a message wanting to launch the Go 4 app? What happens at this point?

Being aggressive isn't conducive if asking for help or advice, this is a friendly forum.

It isn't. You're doing something wrong.

Thanks for being constructive- I turn on mavic then controller, connects to mavic, then plugged into phone. no message to launch the app- so i even restart the phone at this point (plugged in still)- it then says 'version check'- comparing with server', it connects briefly but then it says move aircraft- but when i do it becomes disconnected,or it says 'calibrate compass'- then it goes right to 'disconnected.'

Reactions: dougf
If you preparing your aircraft in your home you may be picking up interference from domestic appliances, try moving it outside to calibrate compass you may also want to do a IMU calibration as its new this might illuminate server errors. Give it a whirl.

Reactions: WillB and Cbslagle
Ok, this may sound dumb, but what software are you using?
I noted on my android there is DJI Go and DJI Go 4 with the earlier one I think being for earlier drones, I am wondering if you have the correct software.
I have found myself that if the software won't connect, which happens time to time as I just kinda turn everything on in the order that entertains me at the moment that rebooting the Mavic itself works well.
If the Mavic controller is connecting to the mavic and it is simply the software being an issue. and look, I get it, it is frustrating and then everyone bitches at ya.
The thing is, your gonna love the craft. The reason everyone gets snippy is we all more or less think they are awesome.

Reactions: mavawa and Vader869
I just have to weigh in here. I just returned my Mavic. Just so you know, I am an electronic engineer and have a software background having run multiple software companies.
I live in an authorization zone. I was able to get the Mavic to connect to the controller and my phone. However, despite my account telling me that my unlocking was valid, DJI 4Go would not connect. Sometimes I got a "failed to synch. notice, sometimes I couldn't find the unlocking section unless I rebooted the Go4 app. After about two long 10 hour days and contacting DJI support who told me to send an email to [email protected] with no response. Yes, I know it's Christmas.
The hardware seems to be very good. But to have to go to third party software to just fly a drone on my own 10 acre piece of property and not have it work with DJI software seems a bit much. I live in a small town about 3 miles from a small town airport.
Gandk452, is right, it is a piece of crap. For this kind of money it ought to work. Given the amount of noise I see on these forums, I really can't understand why everyone puts up with this. Some competitor could make a killing with some reverse engineered software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki