DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot Institute is Dangerous! 😜

YES,well played! I did the same, read the title and prepared to rumble! Great job!
Pilot institute is awesome !
Thank you sir!

And speaking of PI, I just watched their 30 minute "Deep Dive" about UTM...UAS Traffic Management.

What used to be entirely fuzzy to me, is now at least somewhat clear. The system that the FAA envisions is really quite elegant, and very complicated. There will be some bumps to get there, but the overall architecture is quite sound. I spent a good part of my career integrating complicated technical/comm systems.

It was really very reassuring and, if it has a bit of a spooky "Skynet" undertone to it...we're heading that way anyhow.

The remote ID video is next on my hit list. As I understand it now, the only part about it that I don't like is letting J Random Citizen have access to the data. But if the intent is to provide the information to other aircraft operators, both UAS and manned, then even my objection to that may melt away.

It's getting warm enough that I can now go fly my drone, rather than just reading and writing about it, so this may be my last post for today!

:)

TCS

I got my first email account in 1981, and for a brief while, it was so new that everyone read everything that they got.

After that, I learned quickly that I had to catch people's eye, if I wanted them to read what I wrote.

Now, I'm slowly learning how to edit videos so that they are interesting, rather than like watching paint dry. Particularly in my early days, I was pretty timid, so there was a lot of footage of the drone hovering, while I was deciding what to do next.

Now, I'm working to take what I learn from watching my existing videos, and apply that to planning future flights so that they have a higher "interesting" content.

Thx,

TCS
I'm in the "watching paint drying" stage with my videos, LOL.

Not just *some* value...I'm now completely convinced that my next drone is going to be the DJI FPV!

If any of you have an interest in FPV flying, but don't really know anything about (which was my condition 6 hours ago!), You should check out the FREE Pilot Institute FPV course.

One of the unexpected results was that I've determined to learn more of the features of my existing little fleet of Mini-2s. I haven't done any of the "canned" routines (dronies, etc), and I've done literally nothing with any of the camera settings beyond changing the zoom on rare occasion.

Time for another romp through the manual, to see what I haven't been paying attention to.

TCS
Take a look at their "Mini 2 Deep Dive" course. Also free.

Take a look at their "Mini 2 Deep Dive" course. Also free.
Now THERE'S a good idea! I will definitely do that, thanks.

I'm about 80% through the Pilot Institute 107 course. I have great respect for people who got their 107 the hard way, starting from scratch, rather than the BFR way, which is what I did.

TCS

This one caught my attention too. I think Pilot Institute has a genuine interest in aviation safety and training people to do better than just possesing a license. I am truly thankful that they are out there in the industry and I know that anyone taking their classes is satisfied, safe, and fully advised.

This one caught my attention too. I think Pilot Institute has a genuine interest in aviation safety and training people to do better than just possesing a license. I am truly thankful that they are out there in the industry and I know that anyone taking their classes is satisfied, safe, and fully advised.
I just finished the 107 course (worth every minute!), and now I'm working on the Drone Maneuvers course. This one is already more engaging, because it's talking about actual drone skill development rather than regulatory issues, which are necessary but necessarily dry.

After that...commercial drone business.

TCS

Reactions: TonyPHX

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas