DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot PE (2D Mapping)

Berderg

Reactions
Hello, I currently own a Mavic 2 Pro drone and I use Pilot PE for 2D mapping of areas. I am looking to upgrade to a Mavic 3 Pro mainly for optical zoom. I was wondering if the Mavic 3 works with Pilot PE on the DJI RC PRO controller. If Pilot PE does not connect to the Mavic 3 drone, do you have an application that works for mapping?

Well, maybe I shouldn't answer, since I'm not positive, but I think DJI made the mavic 3 not work with pilot PE because they want you to buy a more expensive drone. They also haven't released the SDK, so third parties can't do it. Maybe guys who know for sure can chime in.

Ps. Mavic 3 pro is a good choice though.

Hello, I currently own a Mavic 2 Pro drone and I use Pilot PE for 2D mapping of areas. I am looking to upgrade to a Mavic 3 Pro mainly for optical zoom. I was wondering if the Mavic 3 works with Pilot PE on the DJI RC PRO controller. If Pilot PE does not connect to the Mavic 3 drone, do you have an application that works for mapping?
Pilot PE is not compatible with the Mavic 3 pro.

DJI hasn't released an SDK for the Mavic 3 pro, so no 3rd party software can be used for mapping with the Mavic 3 series drones

btw, the Mavic 3 pro does not have optical zoom.
It has three fixed focal length cameras.
If you were wanting to do mapping, you would want to use the wideangle camera any rather than either of the tele cameras.

Reactions: GFields
I don't know Pilot PE, but for mapping I'll try the two options I know:

For tracing the route of a drone, for mapping, I use Drone Harmony app, for free. You can draw the polygon you want to map, input the parameters as height, overlap and tilt of the camera and it will do it for you, autonomously...

If you want to actually transform the photos into the 2d mapping, I use OpenDroneMap plataform (WebODM Drone Software - OpenDroneMap™), that is a free, open source, map maker from pictures. It can make an orthomosaics, 3d models, elevation models, it's a very, very powerful tool. You can install it for free on Linux, there are tutorials on youtube.

I hope I could help.

For tracing the route of a drone, for mapping, I use Drone Harmony app, for free. You can draw the polygon you want to map, input the parameters as height, overlap and tilt of the camera and it will do it for you, autonomously...
As DJI has not released the SDK for the Mavic 3 series, Drone Harmony (like all other 3rd party software) cannot support the Mavic 3.

Reactions: tuliofotos
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147