DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilot to drone orientation icon on the bottom of the fly screen

I try to archive this but is always looking behind me.
Are you saying that the nose of the orientation icon is facing you, when the aircraft is facing the opposite direction? IE: Aircraft facing East, but icon facing West? I have a reason for asking.

The aircraft looks behind me when I am in front of the aircraft. Check the screenshot.IMG_2487.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2487.jpg
    IMG_2487.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
I try to archive this but is always looking behind me. I reset the phone networks preference, rebooted the phone, recalibrate the drone, deleted the app and reinstalled and keep doing the same thing.
And none of those have any effect at all on the cause of the problem.
You may as well change the oil in your car's engine.
The issue is caused by the compass in your phone or tablet not displaying properly.

And none of those have any effect at all on the cause of the problem.
You may as well change the oil in your car's engine.
The issue is caused by the compass in your phone or tablet not displaying properly.

I was just trying to resolve the issue with the best of my knowledge.. I am not an expert. All I know is that this was working before the firmware upgrade.

The aircraft looks behind me when I am in front of the aircraft. Check the screenshot.
The screen shot makes no sense. The directional beacon is facing forward. You are not in the scene ( Which is not possible anyway ). So how is it looking behind you? And what direction?

Thanks for making this thread. I'm having the same issue. I was curious if the problem was coming from using an non GPS iPad?

Hi, i do not understand if you already tried to calibrate the phone compass (not the drone compass) ?

Reactions: Mavic 57
Just tried another phone and same problem. Drone is facing the wrong direction and is behind me
See Post#21.
This could be two issues.

the little triangle is the drone position in relation to the home point if you move around that triangle will change its position in relation to your position,,all you need to do is establish compass north, and face your drone in that direction and if you stand behind it with the controller and you device pointing the same way, then all is well,as soon as you start to fly then the triangle will turn as the aircraft turns in relation to the home point

Reactions: Garcino
Thanks for making this thread. I'm having the same issue. I was curious if the problem was coming from using an non GPS iPad?
No ... not at all
Having no GPS in your iPad won't make much difference to anything at all.

Reactions: old man mavic
No ... not at all
Having no GPS in your iPad won't make much difference to anything at all.
exactly i have a wifi only ipad and do not have any problems with direction on my display for the MPP or the MM

Reactions: RopsoFPV and Alpha3
Actually without GPS on the device, it can't be sure where you are in relationship to HP or AC. iOS can approximate your position without GPS, but it could be 20m off. It could assume the HP and RC are close, then just needs device compass to figure out which way you're facing.

Actually without GPS on the device, it can't be sure where you are in relationship to HP or AC. iOS can approximate your position without GPS, but it could be 20m off. It could assume the HP and RC are close, then just needs device compass to figure out which way you're facing.
Actually ... the point the app is showing is the recorded home point for the drone, not where the tablet might be now (the difference is likely to be trivial anyway)

This is to demonstrate how nice use to work before the firmware update.

This is to demonstrate how nice use to work before the firmware update.
Unless the firmware update screwed up the compass in your phone or put a steel item right next to it, the firmware update had nothing to do with what you've observed.
Forget about the firmware update.

And it doesn't matter how accurate your phone compass is, the home point is always the centre of the direction indicator.
Fly towards the centre and you are flying toward home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead