DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pilots on the Space Coast in Florida

Irishboy

Reactions
Hi all pilots,
Trying to find a place to fly on the space coast. Brevard Parks won’t allow us to fly there so need a place where I can practice. Thanks in advance all.

I fly in Kelly Park west, using the Kittyhawk App that allows me to fly in the Class D area.
Note*** we only fly when the park is not being used for Soccer, and is empty except for walkers or runners on the path.

Last edited:
Hi all pilots,
Trying to find a place to fly on the space coast. Brevard Parks won’t allow us to fly there so need a place where I can practice. Thanks in advance all.
Are you by the Cape? i was recently there, and the only clear space i had was Coco Beach / Town area. Check Airmap for overview of areas. Ther.e are certain areas that are small and all you need is a small window. Im originally from Kissimmee, so i have pretty good area to fly.

Reactions: Irishboy
I fly in Kelly Park west, using the Kittyhawk App that allows me to fly in the Class D area.
Note*** we only fly when the park is not being used for Soccer, and is empty except for walkers or runners on the
Note*** we only fly when the park is not being used for Soccer, and is empty except for walkers or runners on the path.
Is Kelly Park a Brevard County Park?

Are you by the Cape? i was recently there, and the only clear space i had was Coco Beach / Town area. Check Airmap for overview of areas. Ther.e are certain areas that are small and all you need is a small window. Im originally from Kissimmee, so i have pretty good area to fly.
I always check the “B4UFLY”, “Hover”, “Kittyhawk” and DJI apps before flying. I’m more in land from the Cape. I’m in the Titusville area. I just want an area where I can gain comfort with flying and get some control time.

Reactions: Carb63
Any pilots out there to help in directing this gentleman. I’m from NY , lol, and I’m down here for summer only , but to assist, I use the AirMap, just to give me a wide view of where it’s ok to fly and then drive out. Lots of times it’s a short flight just to get the arial view of the beautiful landscape around me. I’m never disappointed. Lol

Reactions: Irishboy
Welcome to the Forum from the Nature Coast of Florida! Enjoy the forum!! A lot of knowledge can be learned here.

Hi all pilots, Trying to find a place to fly on the space coast. Brevard Parks won’t allow us to fly there so need a place where I can practice. Thanks in advance all.

Brevard Parks? You mean "Jetty Park"? South side of the Port you can fly but nothing N. of the Port. (Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and / KSC. You can fly in Merritt Island, just stay away from landing/approach zones of the Airport. Many places over Banana/Indian River.

Is Kelly Park a Brevard County Park?
Brevard Parks? You mean "Jetty Park"? South side of the Port you can fly but nothing N. of the Port. (Cape Canaveral Air Force Station and / KSC. You can fly in Merritt Island, just stay away from landing/approach zones of the Airport. Many places over Banana/Indian River.
No I was at Burton Smith on 520. Away from all the FAA areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joel_du05