DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Pistyll Rhaeder Waterfall, Wales - 4K - October 2022

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Had a good day out yesterday with the drone, 4 good locations flown and some great footage captured - now just got to edit it all...

First video finished is the amazing 240ft Pistyll Rhaeder Waterfall in Wales, a stunning location and no issues flying the drne - in fact a lot of interested folks..

@AlbionDrones glad you had a happier days flying than on a previous occasion ,how did the job interview go

Reactions: AlbionDrones
@AlbionDrones glad you had a happier days flying than on a previous occasion ,how did the job interview go
It was a much better day thanks OMM....

I came 2nd in the interview, just missed out to a current Director that has been covering the role for the past 6 mnths, didnt know she was even applying... TBH I am happy with my performance, the feedback was excellent and I will be more prepared for the next time...

Reactions: old man mavic
Beautifully flown and photographed, AlbionDrone. A difficult location and difficult subject expertly resolved. White water in sunshine, surrounded by those light sponges we call trees make for a very contrasty scene. You and the Mini 3 handled it with aplomb.

Could be about a minute shorter. :)

Beautifully flown and photographed, AlbionDrone. A difficult location and difficult subject expertly resolved. White water in sunshine, surrounded by those light sponges we call trees make for a very contrasty scene. You and the Mini 3 handled it with aplomb.

Thanks Lister, appreeciate the comments, it was an interesting place to try and capture, all those trees were pretty scarey tbh..

And as if by magic, a minute or so shorter with a diferent soundtrack.... I had some issues with the recording of the flute playing - too much wind noise - so I was planning a 2nd edit with another sundtrack, and took your feedback into account... What do you think of the shorter 'Lister' suggested edit?

Reactions: JimSteadman
And as if by magic, a minute or so shorter with a diferent soundtrack.... I had some issues with the recording of the flute playing - too much wind noise - so I was planning a 2nd edit with another sundtrack, and took your feedback into account... What do you think of the shorter 'Lister' suggested edit?

Thanks for publishing Albion Drones, most enjoyable. I watched both versions - some shots multiple times, the scene was SO good - and must say that I found the flute a far better soundtrack than the piano, but of course, it's personal preference. What a find that waterfall is!!!

Thanks for publishing Albion Drones, most enjoyable. I watched both versions - some shots multiple times, the scene was SO good - and must say that I found the flute a far better soundtrack than the piano, but of course, it's personal preference. What a find that waterfall is!!!
Thanks for the comments, it is an amazing place, almost custom made for amazing Drne footage :)

So far most are prefering my flute to the more proffessional audio, which is interesting, I just need to sort out a better way to record it so there is less wind noise, and then I will be happier using it... Perhaps santa will bring me a nice DJI Pocket 3 (or Pocket 2) with a wireless Mic for Xmas ;)

Very nice video. Well done. You even do your own soundtrack...impressive!
Thanks Dave, soundtrack is something I want to do more of, just need to sort a better way of recording it, have agreed with hubby that will be my Yule present this year... Perhaps a DJI Pocket 2 or 3, with a remote mic... we shall see...

Honestly, just buy one of those relatively inexpensive mics that plugs directly into your phone, put a fur on the mic to stop wind (some people call them the dead cat) and you should be OK to get some decent sound, outside, anywhere quickly and easily. Other than that, record indoors with a good mic and a used audio recorded like a "Zoom."

Well done my friend. I expecially enjoyed the close ups and fly-over.
Thanks for the comment, much appreciated..

"as if by magic" :)

Hard word, editing, isn't it?

Much nicer, especially the music.

Were you flying from the clearing on top? Or from below, in the forest?

"as if by magic" :)

Hard word, editing, isn't it?

Much nicer, especially the music.

Were you flying from the clearing on top? Or from below, in the forest?
We flew from both, alhough that walk up the hill is hella steep...

The reason I asked is that you were very close to those trees and that would be difficult to evaluate from up top.

Whatever. Nicely done!

I took your advice and, once I figured out how to invoke it, I used "Spotlight" mode to fly around stuff like you did with your ruins videos. Awesome! I agree, it's like cheating compared to fully manual flying. The Mini 3 is just streets ahead of the Mini 2.

The reason I asked is that you were very close to those trees and that would be difficult to evaluate from up top.

Whatever. Nicely done!

I took your advice and, once I figured out how to invoke it, I used "Spotlight" mode to fly around stuff like you did with your ruins videos. Awesome! I agree, it's like cheating compared to fully manual flying. The Mini 3 is just streets ahead of the Mini 2.
Thanks...

The close to trees stuff going up and down was from below, the closer to the top and more panoramic were from up there...

Spotlight does make it easier, although it has some limitations, I find at times I am also having to use yaw as well as spotlight and forwards and backwards to keep the subject in focus... All good learning thugh.. And the MINI 3 does take amazing footage..

Had a good day out yesterday with the drone, 4 good locations flown and some great footage captured - now just got to edit it all...

First video finished is the amazing 240ft Pistyll Rhaeder Waterfall in Wales, a stunning location and no issues flying the drne - in fact a lot of interested folks..

Cool location! Here in Canada, the government has essentially made it virtually impossible to obtain drone footage from many of the most beautiful places in the country. So you have to hunt for legal places to fly or get really creative with lighting and editing in order to obtain nice footage.

Cool location! Here in Canada, the government has essentially made it virtually impossible to obtain drone footage from many of the most beautiful places in the country. So you have to hunt for legal places to fly or get really creative with lighting and editing in order to obtain nice footage.
Thats a pain, there are a few organisations here in the UK that dont like drones flying on their land - and try and prevent flying over their land even though they have no power to do so - but overall we dont have it too badly... I hope your Govt change their mind at some poinnt about drone use...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d