Join Us Now

Pixelated Screen

shark4985

Reactions
Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance:

Problem?
Galaxy S7 Edge screen lags and is pixelated

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Using Litchi (Same result), MP works great using Galaxy Note 8, Go4 and Litchi. Used DJI stock usb cable, and 3rd party, same results with both

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Problem - Samsung S7 Edge, SM-G935V, Android 8.0.0
Success - Samsung Note 8, SM-N950U1, Android 8.0.0

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?

What Go app version are you using? 4.2.20

Any modification? (if so what) None

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) S7 Edge has bare minimal apps, used only for Mavic Pro. WiFi&GPS on, radio & bluetooth off

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180702-200916.jpg
    Screenshot_20180702-200916.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 46
Update - After pouring through the forums, I backed my S7 Edge GO4 app down to 4.2.16 which has resolved the problem. I downloaded the apk from apkpure.com and turned off auto updates in the play store.

Thanks for the update on your solution. I'm having exactly the same issue with galaxy s7 ( not edge). Will try go4 downgrade and report back but it will probably be a couple of days.

I started having the same issues on my S7 Edge, How much free space or free memory do you have on your phones.
I have:
Memory 1.1 GB free
Storage 7.7 GB free

Problem - Samsung S7 Edge, SM-G935V, Android 8.0.0, Running DJI GO 4 version 4.2.21

Last edited:
...WiFi&GPS on, radio & bluetooth off...
I'm glad you found a fix, a buggy Go 4 update is normally the cause of this problem. I would also run in airplane mode. This turns off all outside connections/transmissions yet keeps your GPS receiver active.

Hello and forgive me because I use google translator.
I have a problem with me in the picture.
I made software updates in the drone as well as in the controller.

I dumped DJI applications in the same way and installed them again.
nothing helps the moment is normal and after a while such pink stripes on the phone.
recordings on the card are normal

drone control seems to be lazy (delayed).
someone will help????

Attachments

• widok z drona.png
    widok z drona.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Or you could free up resources on you device. A hard reboot wouldn’t hurt. I know people that have had success by restoring their android to brand new state. This gets rid of Android apps that are malicious and transmit data constantly even when the app is not running. The fact that the OP had one device that works fine and one that didn’t shows the fault is the phone or it’s condition and not the app. Downgrading is alright if you don’t want to find the real issue.

Or you could free up resources on you device. A hard reboot wouldn’t hurt. I know people that have had success by restoring their android to brand new state. This gets rid of Android apps that are malicious and transmit data constantly even when the app is not running. The fact that the OP had one device that works fine and one that didn’t shows the fault is the phone or it’s condition and not the app. Downgrading is alright if you don’t want to find the real issue.

I feel it is absolutely the app, if I haven’t made any other changes BUT the GO4 app and it works flawlessly on a previous version, breaks on the current. I have a very clean phone, why would I want to reset it every time a new version comes out and breaks the video feed or worse.

Since there are MANY people with the same phone that have zero issues, it only stands to reason that it is YOUR phone causing the problem. Everyone gets the exact same software.
It is OK if you choose to downgrade the software, nobody is saying that is a bad thing.
All I am pointing out is that it cannot be the software alone causing problems. And that maybe a little more experimenting is needed to see what the actual problem is before blaming a software that doesnt run right on your phone but will on hundreds just like it.

I just had another thought....
Maybe it is the cell phone carrier that causes issues? Like maybe ATT s7's work and Verizons dont? Maybe there is a carrier setting that Go 4 doesnt like?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu