DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PKK’s bomb-laden Mavic drone seized in Turkey’s east

Kind of hard to tell whats going on in that pic. I see a battery and some wires but what are those white things sticking out of the front?
That's just plastic fins to stabilise the payload. It enables the ammunition to fall tip first so it can detonate on impact.

They've cobbled together a release mechanism by wiring it into the front LEDs (green wires along front arm). That way, they can remote release the payload.
That's actually pretty clever since that is one I/O that you can remotely control on/off.
Hmmmm

Drones for combat purposes seem far more likely in combat zones where they can be used for scouting and or dropping weapons from a safe distance. Domestically they are not really needed and thus why we haven't seen anything yet (knock on wood).

If someone wants to bomb a target in a soft target environment they can simply drive up leave a box and drive off etc. You can't drive up to the enemy in a war zone. Which is why we see this tactic employed in Syria etc.

This is probably inappropriate but I can see a scenario where the mavic loses signal,does a RTH and returns the bomb to sender ...
But it won't drop it unless u press the c1 or c2 button.
Ideal if it would auto release at home point

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky