DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Placing the protective camera sticker on the camera lens?

Schrambow

Reactions
Hello,
very new to the platinum here, just unboxed and getting ready.
From Drone world, Max package, there was a screen protector film to place into the controler screen, however there was a few small round stickers that are to be put on the camera. I am just wondering if they would negative effect the camera footage. I know logically i can try with or without and make my own decision, but just wondering the thoughts of others if they put the protective film on the camera of the drone or just leave it off and clean camera directly when needed?

If you want to protect the camera, a UV filter would offer much better protection. The PGYTECH UV filter is one of the brands that's known to work well.

Filter.png

Here's a video that shows how it attaches to the camera:

Last edited:
New heard of anyone putting screen protectors on the camera lens. I use ND filters like shown above. On my MP, there was a plastic protector on the back of the camera, which I removed, there was a plastic screen protector on the RC which I removed. there were plastic screen protectors on the sensors on the bottom of the MP which needed to be removed. But Nothing on the camera lens.

I got myself the same set of controller screen protectors and aircraft camera lens protectors. Yet to see a difference, but have not done any side by side comparison shots. I broke one of the lens protector discs so can verify they are indeed glass, and not plastic like the screen protectors for the controller...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eng.Sabri