DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plane Landing 28 X Zoom from 5 Miles

That was probably manual focos already.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
another fine example of the power of the zoom lens on the 3. People will soon understand despite the closeness of the picture the drone is actually a long way away.

Was playing around with the zoom today and filmed a plane Landing 5+ miles away..

Real nice. I zoomed in with my M2Z on an air show last week from just over a few miles away and was able to watch from home. Normally I would go, but still avoiding the crowds. I'll have to dumb down my files to post a picture which is a pain.

Reactions: bkushner
Was playing around with the zoom today and filmed a plane Landing 5+ miles away..

Sorry the "Hybrid 28X Zoom" on the M3 isn't professional quality at all. Only optical zooming is worthy. The 4X optical zoom is OK but switching then to digital just is a zoom shortcut that you can do with any post editing program. Digital zoom always decreases the quality. Adding a optical lens will usually make a better zoom than digital. Also trying to use a strong power digital zoom for the live shot will just cause a lot of movement. (The same reason you use a tripod for ground video with a zoom)

Sorry the "Hybrid 28X Zoom" on the M3 isn't professional quality at all. Only optical zooming is worthy. The 4X optical zoom is OK but switching then to digital just is a zoom shortcut that you can do with any post editing program. Digital zoom always decreases the quality. Adding a optical lens will usually make a better zoom than digital. Also trying to use a strong power digital zoom for the live shot will just cause a lot of movement. (The same reason you use a tripod for ground video with a zoom)
LA… LA, How long you’ve been laying back in the bushes, just twitching your fingers, gritting your teeth, waiting for a post to appear where you could show us all how smart you are? Was the OP trying to convince you to buy the M3? No. Did OP say this video was professional? No. Was this a detailed review on the M3’s zoom, lens, optical vs digital? No. Did you give the OP credit for probably already knowing what you said? No. Was the OP just out having some fun, playing around? Yes, but you missed that, or just avoided it. Well, we now all know how smart you are! Thanks for the tips and the review, LA. Happy flying, and we all love you man!

LA… LA, How long you’ve been laying back in the bushes, just twitching your fingers, gritting your teeth, waiting for a post to appear where you could show us all how smart you are? Was the OP trying to convince you to buy the M3? No. Did OP say this video was professional? No. Was this a detailed review on the M3’s zoom, lens, optical vs digital? No. Did you give the OP credit for probably already knowing what you said? No. Was the OP just out having some fun, playing around? Yes, but you missed that, or just avoided it. Well, we now all know how smart you are! Thanks for the tips and the review, LA. Happy flying, and we all love you man!
Well I guess you being a "premium pilot" are the forum police. Sorry I was just stating facts and opinions I guess you want to live in a fantasy world

Well I guess you being a "premium pilot" are the forum police. Sorry I was just stating facts and opinions I guess you want to live in a fantasy world
Just for your information, my being a “premium pilot” won’t buy me a cup of coffee; I’m just a non-professional recreational drone enthusiast. “Forum Police?” Isn’t that term used on somebody who is quoting rules and regulations? Wow, is that what I was doing? No. I know you were just stating facts and opinions, I get that. And I’m not contesting your facts or opinions. Actually, I agree with virtually everything you said; in fact, you sound like you know more about photography than I. I was simply pointing out that you were stating your “facts and opinions” at the wrong time, IMHO. The original OP was just out having a little fun, and you jumped all over him. You would’ve appeared more credible if your remarks followed a review that was glorifying the M3. Don’t you see that? Not trying to pick a fight, and not a sermon. “Forum Police,”… seriously? 🤣

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure