DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Plasti Dip Mavic Air 2

What happens when you have a warranty issue? Would this not void any warranty?
Yes, it would. ??

DJI have said anything added to the drone can void a warranty. It’s a bad idea in my opinion. Just add a skin, at least that’s easy to remove if you have a warranty issue.

it would probably cause the drone to over heat too. DJI design Mavics with air flow as part of the temperature control for the CPU etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: cashout5669
Yes, it would. ??

DJI have said anything added to the drone can void a warranty. It’s a bad idea in my opinion. Just add a skin, at least that’s easy to remove if you have a warranty issue.
Hi is there a size limit for your operator id (how small you can have it

Reactions: Gazza8374
Oh geez, yeah covering the majority of the drone would be nuts. Maybe the front legs but really no point in yet. I do agree that a skin is a better choice. I used a wet suit on my other drone and while it did protect against water, I never flew in the rain/snow anyway so it was a bit pointless. That and the 3m adhesive constantly wore off and the wet suit kept peeling up in spots so often that I just got rid of it. No problems like that with a skin.

Yes, it would. [emoji106][emoji106]

it would probably cause the drone to over heat too. DJI design Mavics with air flow as part of the temperature control for the CPU etc.
Not only would cause overheating, it would cause problems with transmission signal. RC and GPS

Plasti dip is a type of liquid rubber that consist no metal elements, which means that it won't interfere with the aircraft signal, plasti dip can be peel off as well.

Reactions: Elrod44
Plasti dip is a type of liquid rubber that consist no metal elements, which means that it won't interfere with the aircraft signal, plasti dip can be peel off as well.

I understand the product fairly well as we use them on cars. However, I suspect that heat dissipation and heat build up would suffer as the body has certain characteristics .

Weight would be another factor in my opinion and the distribution of the same might be a problem if its isn't exactly even as the Plasti Dip is a manual process.

Reactions: Lastrexking

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown