DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please analyze my video quality

Just

Reactions
I have flown my drone around 6 times now, no crashes, always transported it right. never left gimbal clamp on etc etc. The Gimbal is in place (under the bracked etc). The camera and gimbal are recalibrated and all hardware is up-to-date.

Today I did a test recording to show my "problem".

There is a lot of jello and back stripes.
There was no high wind velocity or other unusual situations.

What should I do?

This might be a bit different but check it out.
By the way I got that once too but changed my settings from 4K to 2.7K and it stopped. never went back to 4k so I don't know if any of the updates since then fix that problem.

Thanks for your reply but i'm shooting in 1080p full hd..

Shoot 2.7k instead. 1080 at anything above 24 fps I have noticed slight issues that disappear (on my drone at least) when I go back to 2.7k. Besides, shooting at a resolution above what you will be posting will give room to make adjustments (if needed) to leveling horizons or doing a zoom effect. And 24 fps will also give the best cinematic look/feel to the movement shown in the footage.

Even afte a full battery, if the air temps are very cold, the motors never really heat up and stay warm (in the gimbal, that is) as unlike the rotor motors, they are not constantly spinning at high rpm's. The operating temps listed from DJI are there for a reason, and recommended for a reason. Will the drone fly at colder temps? Sure, but no guarantee it will perform as if it were in a warm spring day.

I get it, we got these drones late in the year - winter for the northern hemisphere - but I would reserve the complaints about the jello and shakiness for when we are in recommended operational temps. No one is gonna give anyone else a trophy for the lowest operating temps flown in.

Short test of 2 minutes at 2.7k with gimbal cover seems to lessen the problem (but its just one small test).

I did see similar problems during warmer days (+- 10 degrees celcius), though not as bas as these

Anyone else noticing this problem at 1080p?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2