DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please Help - First beginner flight problem

Daevaziel

Reactions
Problem? My first flight ever,it was in beginner mode. I went up to the altitude limit and there was a disconnection and it returned to home on it's own. Why was there a disconnection.

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far? That's it I haven't flown since

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? I am running a Samsung Galaxy S8

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? The last time I updated my firmware I updated both the controller and the aircraft using DJI assistant 2

What Go app version are you using? I am using DJI go 4

Any modification?
(if so what) nope

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) nope

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) nope

Did the AC disconnect from the AC (RC would show "Connecting") or did app/device disconnect from RC?
Radio interference in populated areas isn't uncommon though not as likely to get sufficient interference at beginner mode distances. Objects such as trees and buildings can block radio signal. Try flying where you can see the AC. If you can see it, then there's nothing between AC and RC to block signal. For FAA compliance, you're supposed to fly VLOS anyway.

Assuming it was the app that disconnected from the AC, check that you have a good USB connection. Many of us have better time using bottom USB port than side port. If you do use the bottom one, be sure the short cable is unplugged from the side port or else the bottom one is disabled for data, though it will still show charging.

What is that limit set to?
Did the app disconnect first?
Sometimes if an android device locks up it seems to kill the remote too. Some say you can unplug the phone and restart the app and regain connection to the RC. Try it again and see if it happens again.

Did the AC disconnect from the AC (RC would show "Connecting") or did app/device disconnect from RC?
Radio interference in populated areas isn't uncommon though not as likely to get sufficient interference at beginner mode distances. Objects such as trees and buildings can block radio signal. Try flying where you can see the AC. If you can see it, then there's nothing between AC and RC to block signal. For FAA compliance, you're supposed to fly VLOS anyway.

Assuming it was the app that disconnected from the AC, check that you have a good USB connection. Many of us have better time using bottom USB port than side port. If you do use the bottom one, be sure the short cable is unplugged from the side port or else the bottom one is disabled for data, though it will still show charging.
Thank you very much for the advice it is excellent advice. As that was my first flight I will try again and figure things out as I go thank you very much again

What is that limit set to?
Did the app disconnect first?
Sometimes if an android device locks up it seems to kill the remote too. Some say you can unplug the phone and restart the app and regain connection to the RC. Try it again and see if it happens again.
I haven't heard of a device locking up an RC. Could happen, but would be rare. App may and often does crash for many of us on Androids.
If app crashes, just restart it. If you are in an autonomous flight mode (tap-fly, active track, etc) you might want to hit the pause button on the RC as you restart the app. Otherwise it will just hover as it waits for your input.
If AC does disconnect from RC, fail-safe RTH will trigger after a few seconds. RTH behavior depends on how far away it is from you. Read your manual for details on RTH.

I haven't heard of a device locking up an RC. Could happen, but would be rare. App may and often does crash for many of us on Androids.
If app crashes, just restart it. If you are in an autonomous flight mode (tap-fly, active track, etc) you might want to hit the pause button on the RC as you restart the app. Otherwise it will just hover as it waits for your input.
If AC does disconnect from RC, fail-safe RTH will trigger after a few seconds. RTH behavior depends on how far away it is from you. Read your manual for details on RTH.
I dont use android, just repeating what others have stated. They say if the device drops out, and the RC loses connection, unplugging the device will allow the RC to reconnect. I can not confirm this works, but I have read others saying it does.

Do you know if there is a very large difference between Android and Iphone disconnection issues is sit a large enough difference for a person to warrants buying a new device?

I dont use android, just repeating what others have stated. They say if the device drops out, and the RC loses connection, unplugging the device will allow the RC to reconnect. I can not confirm this works, but I have read others saying it does.
What device do you use with your equipment I'm using a Galaxy S8 I'm just curious if I should go to an Apple device if there is much of a difference, I'm considering it

What device do you use with your equipment I'm using a Galaxy S8 I'm just curious if I should go to an Apple device if there is much of a difference, I'm considering it
Any disconnection is between your drone and the controller.
Your phone or tablet and its operating system have nothing to do with it.

So no matter if you have Apple or Android neither one of them is a better device to use with the DJI mavic Pro overall?
The DJI go 4 app is very demanding and needs a fast processor and graphics as well as plenty of RAM.
If you have a sub-standard Apple or Android device, you will be disappointed.
If you have a good Apple or Android device, you will be smiling.

But whether you have Android or Apple, makes no difference to your connection.

Is it at all possible, that you forgot to open/extend the antenne, and or turn around or something and "blocked" the signal to the drone?
I'm "clutching" here....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird