DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP!!! Mavic 2 Zoom radio signal quality switches from good to poor and stays there.

CraggPilot

Reactions
The signal quality switches from good to poor within a minute after firing up and stays there....this happens in all areas in town and in remote areas.....Please HELP!!

Reactions: FlyingDetector
Were you able to resolve the issue? I installed the new firmware when I got it, but did it with WiFi instead of hard wiring it to my puter.....was told this might be the problem

The signal quality switches from good to poor within a minute after firing up and stays there....this happens in all areas in town and in remote areas.....Please HELP!!
Your Mavic 2 gives you a choice of two frequency bands to fly with - 2.4 GHz and 5.8GHz.
If interference is causing trouble on one band, try using the other one.
You can do it safely while flying.

Reactions: Kilrah
Thanks for your response Meta4. You say I can switch between frequencies manually if I’m having a problem.....but this issue happens when the controller and Mavic are only a few feet apart from each other and are in the “auto” frequency mode. It fires up saying “good signal then switches over to “poor” signal and “high inference, fly with caution” within a minute and never switches back. This isn’t normal is it? The signal strength also shows all bars yet “poor signal”. I’ve seen other posts about this yet no answers of resolve....It seems to fly fine yet only 1 mile before dropping signal and return to home....and this is out in the country with no obstacles. Thanks to anyone who can PLEASE help.

Thanks for your response Meta4. You say I can switch between frequencies manually if I’m having a problem.....but this issue happens when the controller and Mavic are only a few feet apart from each other and are in the “auto” frequency mode.
You manually select either 2.4 or 5.8 GHZ and auto will switch between frequencies in the band you select ... but it doesn't swap between 2.4 and 5.8 GHz.
If you are getting interference on 2.4 GHz, you may find that 5.8 GHz has less.

Reactions: Sniperfritz
It does switch betwen both. That's why they now label it "Dual" and not "auto".

Thanks for all your input.........I’ve only had it a week and it doesn’t seem like it’s normal....are any of you experiencing this? It says “good signal strength” for 30 seconds when starting it up then switches to “poor” and stays there. I have flown it 2 miles away out in the country then the signal drops out and it goes to RTH. I don’t think that you are suppose to pick a stronger strength band....It is my understanding that you should put it on “dual band” and let it switch as needed.....I just want to know if this issue is common by my fellow Mavic 2 owners..... so It can help me as to how to proceed......I already have spent a long time on DJI tech support and they don’t seem to know much about the new Mavic....just tell me to reload firmware....re-link etc...but no improvement. .....any comments would be of help..Very Frustrating!!! Thanks again everybody!

Any crashes or "bumps" in it past you forgot to mention?,
ever dropped the remote?
are you pointing the antennas on the RC correctly?
Have you added any accessories to the Mavic itself or the remote?

Thanks for your response Meta4. You say I can switch between frequencies manually if I’m having a problem.....but this issue happens when the controller and Mavic are only a few feet apart from each other and are in the “auto” frequency mode. It fires up saying “good signal then switches over to “poor” signal and “high inference, fly with caution” within a minute and never switches back. This isn’t normal is it? The signal strength also shows all bars yet “poor signal”. I’ve seen other posts about this yet no answers of resolve....It seems to fly fine yet only 1 mile before dropping signal and return to home....and this is out in the country with no obstacles. Thanks to anyone who can PLEASE help.
You are describing my exact problem, be very cautious, mine had that problem follow by APAS not working correctly and than Active Track not working correctly, Honestly I think these 1st bunch are design to have the consumers test for them, and when it fails they refuse to honor their warranty

Reactions: superdave5050
No...no crashes, bumps, hard landings or anything...has been pampered. I did however download the new firmware when I got it thru wi-fi instead of hardwire. I have since redone the new hardwire firmware upgrade and hasn’t made a difference.
I also linked the new RE edition DJI goggles with both the Mavic and controller on within a day of receiving them. Could that have caused a problem? Any Ideas??

if you have wifi turned on. on your phone then turn it off it will cause that exact problem..

I did try turning off WiFi and switching channels, picking a lower, more distortion free frequency etc..with results that were only very short lived ie.Showed good signal until it left the ground. I did however fly it yesterday 3 1/4 miles away with the poor signal light on the entire way....doesn’t make sense....one thing that also concerns me is the video feed. I don’t think it looks as clear as on my Mavic pro that has never had poor signal strength issues. This is especially concerning since I just purchased a set of DJI RE edition goggles which I have linked but have yet to use as I am waiting for my reading glass adjusters to come in the mail. I’m going to try comparing the two today and see. Thanks for your input.e.

Same here... always stuck on poor. I have to manually change to 2.4. It is weird because showing no interference. I get disconnects few hundred feet away or less.
The sig meters will not show this and there are no interference message. Only in the flight status. I'm scared to even fly now. Not phone or cables. I think there is an issue on dual mode switching freq in the band. When this happens it can take minutes for the RC to reconnect.

I sure hope that DJI realizes that this is a common issue and comes up with a firmware fix. I came close to returning my MP2 Zoom but did not because though I had the “Poor Signal” light, I still have better range then my Mavic Pro...I figure this must just be an ultra sensitive signal strength warning light or one that does not reset once triggered.....anybody else have any input?

I have the exact same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro . 5.8 always gives a poor on the status screen, 2.4 never does. In auto it doesn't switch to the best signal .
I tried 5.8 on my Air and the view status screen under HD shows clean flat as far as interference , on the 2 Pro the 5.8 has what looks like pulses across the status screen .
The HD bars are full scale even when the status shows poor .
This seems to be a definite bug .
Why have auto if when the signal is poor it doesn't switch to the best frequency ?
I have tried using 4 different devices , reloading the apps, and reloading the firmware , along with different cables , same problem with any combination, also I put all devices in airplane mode .
No change .
DJI please fix this, giving us a warning " not to fly too far away " is ridiculous when I not even sure the "poor" warning is legit .

Reactions: squashpile
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78