DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please help me with this annoying problem

Well, small smudges make a big difference in the camera, since it is very tiny. I’d also recommend any cheap ND8 filter from eBay.
But for now let’s try the silica gel and check on the results.

I think im going to do the same on mine, my last flight was in the rain for 15 minutes. I’ll probably experience moisture on my next flight if I don’t.

i understand the glare thing, but if i spin the drone and point in different directions, it doesn't change it. It only gets better when it "suddenly" just disappears. The camera lens has the ever slightest little smudge marks, but nothing that i would think would cause this. I think it was the same way back when it was working perfectly. I am going to get some lens cleaner wipes at the walmart eye center tonight and clean it. The auto focus is constant, every 10-15 secs or so, even when the feed is sharp.
In my case, the Mavic was fine on ground level, but just at 30 mts or so began to get blurry, and when I returned to ground the moisture on the lens disappeared. I live in Uruguay and near the ocean, it is to moisty here. The only way that I found to solve the issue was to put it on a sealed container with silica gel, and bought a wireless hidrometer and temperature clock so I can check it anytime without opening the container, I also store the battery’s on the same container. Now the humidity is always at 20% before it was at 70 or 85%. After doing this, about 2 month ago never again had the foggy video problem. I talk to a dji tecnithian here and said that the Mavic Pro has this issue on some regions.

Reactions: Pedro.FR2K
In my case, the Mavic was fine on ground level, but just at 30 mts or so began to get blurry, and when I returned to ground the moisture on the lens disappeared. I live in Uruguay and near the ocean, it is to moisty here. The only way that I found to solve the issue was to put it on a sealed container with silica gel, and bought a wireless hidrometer and temperature clock so I can check it anytime without opening the container, I also store the battery’s on the same container. Now the humidity is always at 20% before it was at 70 or 85%. After doing this, about 2 month ago never again had the foggy video problem. I talk to a dji tecnithian here and said that the Mavic Pro has this issue on some regions.

Thanks for sharing, this might be the fix for the OP. Let’s wait for results

And the best way to use the silicagel is to put it inside a lady’s nylon socks. Don’t put it directly in the container because these tiny little balls can get inside the Mavic or gimbal. And don’t throw the used silica gel, it can be recicled by putting it for about an hour on te oven at 180 degrees Celsius.

Reactions: Mossiback
Another tip, don't use a hair blower, it won't do anything, just leave it sit in the container with silica gel for two days, and when you finish flying it always store it on the container again.

The fact that this comes and goes during the same flight is not suggesting a moisture problem to me. it does sound like there could be a contaminant inside the lens that is moving around.

I would like to see the OP try to move the gimbal up and down when it happens and see if he can force a change..

The fact that this comes and goes during the same flight is not suggesting a moisture problem to me. it does sound like there could be a contaminant inside the lens that is moving around.

I would like to see the OP try to move the gimbal up and down when it happens and see if he can force a change..
Hi, I had the same problem as the OP, In mid flight the image vary from fogged to clear, because of the air temperature, my MP never got wet or flew in the rain, but suffered of humidity on the lens. Since the silica gel I never got the issue again.

I’d like to see it too, I thought about it aswell.
OP record your entire flight, move gimbal up and down and also get high in the air (40m or so) and spin slowly until you’re facing the sun.

I had this exact same problem for the first time last week and it only lasted for a minute or so. Like some of the others my MP has never got damp and that day it had been outside for a good ten minutes before I took off. Interestingly, I think but am not positive it was on one of the very few occasions I have not had a ND filter on. I was not filming at the time but could see the effect clearly on my phone.
I assumed at the time it must have been a function of the difference in air and lens temp and the ambient humidity. Hopefully a rare combination !

Last edited:
Well, small smudges make a big difference in the camera, since it is very tiny. I’d also recommend any cheap ND8 filter from eBay.
But for now let’s try the silica gel and check on the results.
i havn't used the drone in a few days, but I do have a nd8 filter now. Do I just put it on and go?

Well, i just used it with the new ND8 filter and it went well. I didn't get any gimbal errors (so hopefully that means the filter is on good), and didn't see any of that ridiculous haze. It is still doing the auto focus/beep very often, though. I only did one flight, so hopefully it stays good for now on. Here are some shots I took, including facing the sun, and away from the sun. In the first pic, mount Greylock, the highest peak in Mass is visible.org_5aabcee21203ef6b_1537305990000.jpg org_6e6704ae7e608b11_1537305970000.jpg org_9b8562503c88c2f1_1537305962000.jpg org_7cd5ed9ddad19cd7_1537305898000.jpg

That’s great! Good to know that part of your problem is fixed. Try assigning a function to your C1 or C2 button as Focus on Center, I did that on mine and stopped most of the continuous auto focus wich is kinda annoying, if it doesn’t fix, try using manual focus.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech