DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP --- "Warning: Mobile device CPU fully loaded"

Mavic-Markie93

Reactions
I just got a Mavic 2 Zoom and I love it compared to my old clunky Phantom 3 Pro. So much lighter and FASTER and more quiet. I sure love how the consumer drones get better every year.

However, the one glitch I keep running into is this worrisome warning I get --- "Warning: Mobile device CPU fully loaded" and then I notice the FPV live video transmission starts to stutter and pause and it becomes almost impossible to fly FPV anymore. I switched live FPV down to 720p instead of 1080p and I tried turning off Video Cache and clearing the cache but it doesnt seem to work. I also turned off all apps in the background to free up memory on the iPad Mini 3 that I am using.

There doesn't seem to be a specific condition or settings that causes this warning to appear. Maybe it seems to happen after I am using my iPad Mini 3 for an hour or so, but it really doesnt seem like a heat issue since I fly on 70F days and the iPad is not that warm to touch.

The really weird part is that if I use my iPhone 6 I dont see this warning, but I almost always see it with the iPad Mini 3. I know the iPhone 6 uses the A8 chip and the iPad Mini 3 uses the A7 chip, so maybe this is the difference that causes the warning? I have the most recent iOS with the iPad Mini so I doubt the software version is the problem.

Any ideas? I love the Mavic 2 Zoom but I might have to return it for a refund if I can't get this error figured out.

I use the ( old and slow ) mini 4. I dedicate it to mavic2 only by removing everything except Mavic related apps. No longer do I see the overload error

All the Minis are old and slow, and the DJI app is crap, so any older device is going to show that error.

Yeah I flew over 1000 flights with my P3 Pro using the Mini 3 and never once had any pause or stuttering issues during FPV.

Do these DJI guys do any kind of quality testing with different devices? It seems like over in China they use the most powerful iPad Pro and latest iPhone and assume all their customers will be using high end devices with the newest Mavic? Such an arrogant "Apple like" attitude but don't surprise me anymore.

I use the ( old and slow ) mini 4. I dedicate it to mavic2 only by removing everything except Mavic related apps. No longer do I see the overload error

I use my Mini 3 exclusively for flying my P3 Pro so I might need to try removing all the apps except for the DJI Go 4 app --- I doubt that will make much of a difference but it's worth a try.

Truth be told --- I kinda wanted an excuse to upgrade to an iPad Pro 10.5 inch and now I have one :p

Nope, they just make devices with better capabilities, which as a result need more resources from the devices they're used with. Just like if you shoot in the 100Mbps H265 4K format the M2 is capable of editing it is out of the capabilities of many people's computers if they're more than a couple of years old.

LOL. all the ipads are getting old and Apple themselfs slow them down even further. not a surprise really..they want you buy there new stuff.

Just a quickie update to this thread --- I updated my Mini 3 to iOS 12 (latest version) and I havent seen the warning since. Hard to say if that solved the problem since I've only flown 2 flights since updating iOS but so far, so good.

I have a mini 4 (w/LTE) and I also removed all the non essential apps. No issues with it. Well except for breaking the screen - which is really easy to do.

Rumor has it that Apple will be updating the iPads this year. Haven't heard anything I would believe is definitive about the updates and models but I am hoping for a new mini. I tried the 10.5 inch iPad Pro with My Mavmount and found it was just a bit to big/heavy/unwieldy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11